Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Fixing Up a Mystere 5.5  Bottom

• Hi guys,

Got a couple questions so i figured i would just ask them all in one post.

1) My trampoline is toast. Anyone know of a place in the GTA or surrounding regions that can make me a new one? I know there is a website online that sells them but there out of stock and are pretty expensive.

2) My hulls are looking old, there scratched up and have seen a couple repairs. Would i be an idiot if i decided to paint them?

Thank you for your time.
  • no idea where the gta is.. but most of us mystere guys (in the tampa area) use and swear by http://www.multihullnets.com/

MYSTERE 5.5 $495.00
    Bias Cut with a reinforced pipe sleeve Aft. 16" x 24" velcro pocket forward, hiking straps. jib wire cover, full width flat pocket Aft.

they are not fast, nor cheap but superb quality, last, and are good to work with.

I would not paint the hulls until you have tried other things like, oxalic acid, wet sanding, polish, other restoring products like vertiglass, etc (i am not suggesting you need to do all these things.. just choices) .

I personally would gelcoat over paint (only due to costs and no need for full respirators and paint booths)
  • Thanks allot andrew. Looks like i will go with one from Multihullnets.com.

Thanks for the advice.
  • Most people that aren't Canadian don't know what the GTA (Greater Toronto Area) is. The GTA is actually the center of the universe for all those uninformed.

Definitely don't buy one from Canada. The price will be far too high. You should be able to order one through a dealer in Buffalo and drive down to pick it up. If you order from the US and have it shipped to Toronto, the brokerage fees will kill you.

edited by: rpiper138, Apr 04, 2010 - 12:00 AM
  • You'd be amazed what some wet sanding and polishing will do. I just restored a '93 6.0 by wet sanding with 320 then using 3m restore rubbing compound (the $20/bottle stuff) and a high speed buffer. Then just a coat of regular Turtle Wax after and I have a nice shine again.

I spent a little more time sanding out the previous owner's repairs but all in all, it exceeded my expectations.

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.