Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Mug Race 2010  Bottom

• May 1, 2010 is the date for the Mug Race down in North Florida. I've raced the last three years on a Prindle 19 with my best friend. Last year he even gave me the boat as a wedding gift as my Best Man. But this year, he's planning on taking his father's Prindle 19 and single-handing it this race. I'm not sure I have the experience to single-hand my boat in a race yet.

So this post is for two things: to either (1) recruit someone to crew with me in the race or to (2) volunteer to crew for someone else in the race. Either way is fine with me, and I'm willing to pay my own entry fees. I just want to race.

Is anyone here going to be entering?
  • I'm looking to sail my H21SE, with hooter installed. I may need a crewman if my regular crew has to work those days. It sounds like a fun race.

--
    Flightlead Bimare F18 HT SpaceCoast
    --
  • flightleadI'm looking to sail my H21SE, with hooter installed. I may need a crewman if my regular crew has to work those days. It sounds like a fun race.

Sounds good. And it looks like you've got a nice set-up. My biggest hindrance the last couple of years was not having a spin or a hooter to get through the light winds in the morning until the sea breeze picked up. It would be good to see how a hooter would help improve things.

On an interesting note, my wife suddenly volunteered the other day. But I'm not sure how she'd handle it after the first hour.

edited by: Crizoft, Mar 30, 2010 - 04:11 PM
  • I have raced this race for the last 2 years on my H18 but, due to the shape of my jib, will not be racing this year. I would like to find a crew slot on a spin cat. I have cat crew exp. and spin exp, just no cat spin exp. Anyone need a crew? It was frustrating the last 2 years watching the spin boats blow by, now it's my turn!
    Chris

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.