Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

dart nacra hobie prindle?  Bottom

• After owning and sailing Dart 18 any ideas what would be comparable boat???
    It seems after reading all the info posts the nacra 570 would be very similar although little better in light winds= more sail though harder to find
    How would hobie 18 or prindle 18 compare for me.
    there seems to be more of h18 for sale around 2-3000 price range. sorry to stir the pot as everyone has great opinions.
    Thanks for any input
    Ted

--
    Ted
    Hobie 21SE Feral Cat
    Upstate NY lake sailing
    --
  • mojimHey Ted, check this out.
    http://madison.craigslist.org/boa/1642968573.html

hey it looks pretty but what kind of creature is it?

--
    Ted
    Hobie 21SE Feral Cat
    Upstate NY lake sailing
    --
  • When I was looking for my 18 footer, the market was very limited, not by choice of manufacturer and model, but by budget and how far I was willing to drive. There weren't enough boats to really be model specific in desire.

Most boats were about 2 to 3 hours away, the one I bought was 6 (but I was able to make it a business trip too).

When I felt the hulls, inspected the sails and saw the pile of extras, I knew I had found the right boat.
  • Thanks for the reply Kenny, I guesse it is hard to drive three hours just to look at something but I suppose it is worth it to keep looking and find the right boat. I dont have a problem doing repairs as that is what I used to do when I was in LONg Island but I would like to get a decent deal in order to have to do repairs.
    Thanks
    Ted

--
    Ted
    Hobie 21SE Feral Cat
    Upstate NY lake sailing
    --
  • Quotehey it looks pretty but what kind of creature is it?

--
    Ted
    --

I thought it might be a Dart 18
  • mojim
    Quotehey it looks pretty but what kind of creature is it?

--
    Ted
    --

I thought it might be a Dart 18

it is really hard to tell from the picture, I have a picture of a dart that I am trying to compare, the for sale boat looks like the bows have more rake than the dart but not easy to tell from the picture. If it is a dart then it would be dificult to find parts.....
    Ted

--
    Ted
    Hobie 21SE Feral Cat
    Upstate NY lake sailing
    --
  • thats not a dart

the closest thing to a dart would probably be a p19 and they aren't that close... one has skegs, one centerboards. different width and masts as well...

darts are light and great in heavy wind.
    H18's are about 120lbs heavier and a different creature...

IMHO find a decent cat in your area and sail it until you are sick of it and want to change/upgrade

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.