Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Prindle 19 daggerboard lines  Bottom

• My father and I are restoring an old Prindle 19, and are having trouble figuring out how the daggerboards operate. I was wondering if someone could take a couple photos of the control lines for their boards, or help us out with a description and recommendation on what size/type of lines and shock cord to use.

Thanks in advance!
  • The only line is a short one the goes through the hole in the end to form a loop just large enough to form a hand pull. Make sure that you use large enough line so that it will not get in between the board and the center board well. On the same end as the hole there is an adjustment screw that allows you to increase or decrease the tension which helps hold the board in both the down and up positions. Some boats allow you with lines to operate the center boards from a remote position the P-19 in not that way you have to use the small loop to either pull the boards up or down.
  • Thank you for that description, good to know what the screw is for. Here a couple of photos of the boards, with some fresh paint (see my thread on "brightly colored blades"). Do you know what the shock cord on the pivot point is for?

http://lh3.ggpht.com/__0Tsp9rRRng/S2JFUMZcliI/AAAAAAAAAms/DyzkfXvteuk/s400/P1020204.JPG
    http://lh5.ggpht.com/__0Tsp9rRRng/S2JFUOheUxI/AAAAAAAAAmw/gEoAcCSmEKg/s400/P1020206.JPG
  • I have owned 2 P-19s and one I purchased new and have many friends with the boat as well. I have never seen a shockcord attached there. Must be the previous owners invention. I can see no advantage to having it and I am not sure you could place the centerboard in the well with it there. You should be able to download a manual from Performance Catamarans
  • the shock cord attached as shown allows you to vary
    the amount of centerboard you put in the water.
    The loop end goes around your shroud adjuster.
    Lift it up a little from full down, wedge the shock cord
    between board and well and it stays where you put it.

Nice paint btw...mine are red :)

edited by: ButchG, Jan 29, 2010 - 11:52 AM

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.