Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Hobie 16  Bottom

• Hi Guys.
    i need to replace the lacing eyes on my Hobie 16 trampoline,does anyone the exact size and type I need???????
    Thanks Gerry
  • i dont know the exact size of the holes but you could easily measure them. make sure you use 100% brass (test with a magnet). Often they use lead in the cheap grommets.. these will rust out...

PS if your tramp has lost more than a few grommets.. i would inspect the threads to make sure the tramp is still sound.. you DONT want to fall through it stepping your mast...
  • I purchased a replacement trampoline for my H16 from SLO Sails and Canvas. OUTSTANDING trampline. They do excellent work and it's obvious when you open the box. They use #4 spur grommets. They are the same size as the original Hobie grommets. You must use spur grommets or they'll pull right out.

If you have an original Hobie vinyl tramp and some of the grommets have pulled out than you most likely need to replace the entire tramp. The vinyl becomes rigid and less pliable over time and the UV will surely attack it as well.
  • also a plug for sunrise tramps, they are among the highest quality in the industry.. but slow and expensive...
  • I think I paid about $280 for my H16 Tramp. I got it in about 10 days and it was perfect.
  • Martin,
    How long have you owned the tramp? I hear that after market tramps do not last but 1 or 2 seasons.
    Thanks!
  • I've had it just over a year. It is very well made. Haven't had the first problem with it either. They use extra stitching to add strength. You'll be satisfied. I had a blue one made.
  • Here are all of the specs for line lengths for the H16
    http://www.cat44.com/hobie-16-technical-info.htm

I also purchased from Slo sails last year it is a great tramp. I am planning on buying the replacement for my H21 from them. Everyone that got on the boat last year could not get over how comfortable it was.

• I also helped a friend who purchased a tramp from slosails and it was extremely well made, also helped a friend put one on that he purchased from the "Amish"? and the quality was terrible. When we first tried to tighten the tramp you could see that the grommets were pulling away from the fabric. They were both at the same location and when we went back and forth comparing the two, the material and workmanship of the slosails tramp was 100 times better.
  • Seriously. Anyone considering an aftermarket trampoline. Give SLO Sails and Canvas a call. Talk to Karl he'll do you right. One trick I read about was to use my main block set and gently pull the side rails inboard when lacing the trampoline. It made a huge difference and tightened the entire frame which made for excellent response when sailing.

http://www.slosails.com/
  • I also bought a SLO Sails black mesh tramp for my H16 last March and have sailed my boat about 70 times since then and my tramp is still just like a new one. Before the SLO tramp, I had tried a cheaper aftermarket tramp and it only lasted a few months before the grommets and seams started to fail. I expect my SLO tramp to last for many years.
  • Mine is from SLO too, it only has half a season on it, but I am happy with the cost and quality.
  • Any tramp made with stitching will eventually come apart. It's just a matter of when.

The Hobie Cat brand tramps are the only ones on the market that are RF welded - no stitching, except for the hiking straps.

The tramp on my 1998 H-16 (sold in 2007) is still going strong, and would look new except for the brass grommets that now have a nice patina on them.

Will the SLO tramps still be holding up 12 years from now? Nobody knows, because they haven't been around that long.

You get what you pay for.

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.