Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Ho Ho Ho  Bottom

• Just wanted to say, hope you all have a wonderful holiday with friends and family. Stay safe and warm..

i am doing neither (safe or warm).. i am going sailing :)

• Thanks Andrew! Enjoy your time on the water...I'll behind the wheel half Christmas day splitting time between families. Was hoping that I'd get to spend a night or two on a monohull sometime before the 1st. Start my new year off on the water too.
  • Merry christmas to you to Andrew & Culley and anybody else who reads this post...........

--
    ~ Vietnam Vet 69-71~ 17 Hobie w/big jib, ~18 Hobie mag,~DN Ice sailor,
    and other toys.......
    ~~ I live in NY state on the north shore of Oneida lake in
    Bernhards Bay. ~~~~~~
    --
  • At least you're going sailing, I'm going skiing, & it isn't on water! Going to be a long 4 months.
    But yes, Merry Christmas to all, & may we all be thankful that we have our health.

I did some experimentation with that Dyneema I bought for tramp lines. MUMMP was right, just tie a bowline. That line is VERY slick in the hands, & loose knots will shake out eventually. Put some tension on it & nothing moves. A normal bowline bites into itself just as good as any other line, & stays as long as it is tensioned.

ps Andrew, do you still have those Samson fids for Xmas gifts? I'll pay the shipping, play with them, & if they are really useless, pass them off to another noob!

edited by: Edchris177, Dec 23, 2009 - 09:28 AM

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
    Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
    --
  • yes i have them... send me your address info in a PM and i will get them in the mail to you... i will let you know what the shipping is.. wont be less than $200.00 (kidding)
  • Let me know if it came through, I have never used the PM thing before,(does that date me?) & I might have deleted it, trying to view it, before the send completed.

--
    Hobie 18 Magnum
    Dart 15
    Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
    Nacra 5.7
    Nacra 5.0
    Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
    Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
    --
  • Merry Christmas!

--
    Rob
    OKC
    Pile of Nacra parts..
    --
  • Well, I did get to spend some time on new years on a mono hull. The water was completely flat so we didnt even untie from the slip...but I have to admit, it was great to take a nap and enjoy the marina sounds and just be. Worse ways to start the year I'm sure...
  • andrewscott

i am doing neither (safe or warm).. i am going sailing :)

Dude! Put this phrase on your "never say" list!

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.