Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Trying to install spinnaker pole and lines etc  Bottom

• Make that lines. I've got the spinnaker pole completely installed and a new spinnaker on the way. Just installed a self-tacking jib and now installing the spinnaker. I've got the main spinnaker halyard figured out.
    I've never sailed one of these with a spinnaker so I don't know what to do first.
    Could you either send me some good pictures of a properly set up Tornado that I can refer to
    or give me some practical advice on setting up the various lines. I read a Capricorn 18 set up manual but I'm starting from scratch and need to make stuff and improvise like where do the plastic balls go and what are they for.
    Just learning. Thanks. Once I get an explanation that makes sense I'm sure it will go smoothly.

edited by: strategy, Sep 22, 2009 - 09:28 PM
  • plastic balls are not needed.. the caps use them to help separate the patches. this is helpful if you have problems with the spin bunching up as you snuff it. i had to do something similar with my new (STIFF) spin, but after break-in it was OK. i have read the cap manual and it is a bit confusing.

there are many ways to run the 3 lines (tack, halyard and retrieval).

I went with 2 separate lines (tack and halyard) to start (to keep it simple) and did bag launch/retrieval to start with my spin.

I now have a halyard/retrieval single line and seperate tack. it is possible to have a single line do all 3.

Here is a great link to show you how to do a tack/halyard combo (and lots of other spin things - http://home.comcast.net/~…ra/nacra_spinnaker_1.htm

edited by: andrewscott, Sep 23, 2009 - 09:12 AM
  • Thanks. Useful diagrams. Still not quite there yet but making progress.
  • please post specific questions and i will help as much as possible.

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.