Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Who turned the wind off????  Bottom

• Geez, for three weeks now I feel like I'm living in a green house. Other than a storm blowing through last weekend we haven't had much wind on the great lakes. 5-10 seems to be the norm. Great warm weather, but no wind. Can't somebody do some kind of wind dance?
  • Maybe you need to put more quarters in the machine
  • I think this is the first time I have heard of the midwest weather being to predictable and having a problem because it is not changing icon_biggrin It always seems to be the other way around. But I agree recently and in the foreseeable forecast it is 5-10 here around Chicago.

--
    Scott,
    ‘92 H18 w/SX wings
    ‘95 Hobie Funseeker 12 (Holder 12)
    ‘96/‘01/‘14 Hobie Waves
    --
  • Scott,
    I'll be in Chicago for several days in the near future. If you're game, maybe we can meet over a beer, or do some sailing. I'll bring the wind.

--
    Philip
    --
  • Watch out Scott, Philip can talk up a storm. http://www.thebeachcats.com/modules/pn_bbsmile/pnimages/smilies/icon_lol.gif
  • QuoteMaybe you need to put more quarters in the machine
    Hahaha icon_lol Actually I think the power supply comes from a wind turbine. Dhup!

• We've got the same problem in N.Y. state~~~ and ny is full of 'windbags' icon_biggrin

--
    ~ Vietnam Vet 69-71~ 17 Hobie w/big jib, ~18 Hobie mag,~DN Ice sailor,
    and other toys.......
    ~~ I live in NY state on the north shore of Oneida lake in
    Bernhards Bay. ~~~~~~
    --
  • Well the wind finally came back to the MidWest, and about time too, no wind for some 3 weeks past, was experiencing withdrawl symptoms, and then wham, wind blowing again, hit the water running with 15 knots of wind and it was pedal to the metal. Funny thing though, in all the times past with pushing the envelope I never had my recent experience of an angle of wind that wanted to push the nose of the leeward hull down, I had to move my weight as far back as possible with one foot on the transom almost and the other foot on the rear crossbar. I now understand the pitchpole syndrome.

--
    TurboHobo
    H14T
    H16
    P18
    G-Cat 5.0
    P16
    --
  • We also had a nice couple days of wind in the Chicago area after a couple weeks of nothing. Saturday we had a solid 15 mph for most of the day.

--
    Scott,
    ‘92 H18 w/SX wings
    ‘96/‘01/‘14 Hobie Waves
    --
  • I agree. Although Sunday was very frustrating on the bay, There was 15 mph wind and then abruptly nothing for about an hour at a time. It was very strange. I've never been out where I didn't think I couldn't get back, but yesterday had me concerned. Just sitting there bobbing like a cork taking wake after wake really stinks. When it came it stayed for a long time and was steady. Nice sailing.

• Same here..... Almost ''pitched'' the 18 a couple of wks ago. Kinda looks like a white knuckle ride today too, I'am waitin for my balast to get here~~ it's a two person day..... icon_wink

--
    ~ Vietnam Vet 69-71~ 17 Hobie w/big jib, ~18 Hobie mag,~DN Ice sailor,
    and other toys.......
    ~~ I live in NY state on the north shore of Oneida lake in
    Bernhards Bay. ~~~~~~
    --
  • smfinleyWe also had a nice couple days of wind in the Chicago area after a couple weeks of nothing. Saturday we had a solid 15 mph for most of the day.

Saturday ROCKED!!!!!!. YEEE HAAAA! After puttering about for all these weekends. Fantastic day with big whoop dee do waves. We were out before 11am and only came in when I could no longer feel my fingers. Saturday this week looks promising.
  • lawrencer2003 We were out before 11am and only came in when I could no longer feel my fingers.

Very glad you finaly had some great air...

Why couldn't you feel your fingers? cold or just overuse? or other?
  • steady soaking despite wetsuit for three hours with trapeze junky wife hooting and holloering.
  • lawrencer2003steady soaking despite wetsuit for three hours with trapeze junky wife hooting and holloering.

so your fingers were in your ears the whole time and got cold? lol...
  • I was out for a solid 3 hours by myself on Saturday before needing a little break. Yes they were fun big rolling waves. Nothing like flying a hull on the wire as you come across the wave and the water drops 3 feet further down icon_biggrin Great wetsuit weather also, cool enough you needed it but very comfortable temp with it on, hands and feet not cold.

--
    Scott,
    ‘92 H18 w/SX wings
    ‘96/‘01/‘14 Hobie Waves
    --
  • LOL. Tactical mistake wearing a shorty and no windbreaker. The wife, in full wetsuit was high and dry and I was getting hosed on the tramp. After three hours my teeth were chattering, hypothermia setting in and my hands were numb she was jabbering "One more run!" like a demented parrot. Good fun though. I did not warm up till we started rolling the boats away.

Everyone had the same comment re waves...Gotta set my trap higher! Spring project is new trapeze gear.
  • Quoteshe was jabbering "One more run!" like a demented parrot

HAHA-
    i can only asume she doesn't read these posts...or you and the couch spend many nights alone... :)
  • I just got this image of her trapped out just over your shoulder squaking like a parrot. icon_lol Were you sailing with either a patch over your eye or a wooden leg? Maybe your legs were numb and felt like wood?

--
    Scott,
    ‘92 H18 w/SX wings
    ‘96/‘01/‘14 Hobie Waves
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.