Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Inter/Nacra  Bottom

• Can anyone tell me what's going on with these "brands"?

Which are being manufactured right now - Inter's or Nacra's?

I had my best offshore ride ever on 20" Inter or Nacra - not sure which one it was, but it felt like a Cadillac. We sailed around Anacapa Island, part of the Channel Islands, out of Ventura harbor.

Thanks - looking to buy a new 20" Inter or Nacra, which ever is still being made.

Chris

• Inter and Nacra are currently the same brand. Not sure if they were prior to 2000 though. The Inter brand was used for some of Nacras developmental boats like the F17 formerly the I-17) and then retired. I believe The Inter 18 and 20 are also now made by Nacra as the F18 and N20.

Regards,
    Dave

--
    Dave Bonin
    1981 Nacra 5.2 "Lucile"
    1986 Nacra 5.7 "Belle"
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    --
  • So, I can buy a new Inter 20 or new Nacra N20?

I tried to call Performance Catamaran, but their offices are closed on Friday's.

Hmm, I wonder what they do on Friday's...

Any difference between the two boats?

Thanks

• I don't believe you can currently purchase an new Inter 20. It will be called a Nacra N20 (same boat).

--
    Dave Bonin
    1981 Nacra 5.2 "Lucile"
    1986 Nacra 5.7 "Belle"
    Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
    --
  • Hey Chris, there is a used one for sale at Fast Lane Sailing. I believe Ron is asking $9K for.

May I ask whose boat you were on?

--
    John Schwartz
    Ventura, CA
    --
  • I tried to call them today, too, and no one answered. Everyone is sailing but me!

I'm a little embarrassed to say that I forgot the skipper/owner's name. But he lives in Tempe, AZ, and stores his boat in Ventura (at least he used to a few years ago). The name of the boat was "Plus Vite" which means "very fast" in French. Can't believe I remember the name of the boat but not the skipper.

I sailed with him a couple of times out of Ventura, and just fell in love with boat after doing a lot of Tiger racing. I got a little sick of bobbing around in the water and capsizing Tigers.

It was great to see the hulls piercing swells instead of riding over then.

• bit hazy on this but i think the dutch bought nacra some years ago and tried to launch their ownership with a new name and new series of designs

neither really caught on so when they changed the design again they went back to the nacra name

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.