Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Prindle 18 rigging question  Bottom

• 1. The manual for the P-18 says to tie the jib blocks to the jib using a 3.7' rope. How much distance should there be between the blocks and Jib? Also this seems like it would be a pain to have to tie and untie them for each sail.

2. The front bottom of my main seems a long way from the boom, a foot or so. Is this normal? The sail is locking into the hook on top and the downhaul is pretty tight, no wrinkles in the sail.

Thanks in advance

Bill Beach
  • Take the length of line, fold it in half, make a loop in the section at the fold, put a shackle in the loop. Then tie the dead ends, one each to the jib clew blocks. Then just shackle to the jib clew when using and unshackle when putting the boat away. I use a quick release shackle for this to make life easier.
    The Prindles have what is called a loose fitted main, and the distance between the boom and mainsail sounds about right.
  • Tie the jib blocks to a snap shackle, then hook it and unhook it as needed from the clew of the jib.

The tack of the main is a bit off the boom. You've got the rotator (limiter) in between. Without actually rigging it up to take a look, I'd say 8-12" sounds about right.

edit: err..right, what Hullflyer said. Somehow I didn't see his post.

edited by: yurdle, Jul 14, 2009 - 08:14 PM

--
    Rob
    OKC
    Pile of Nacra parts..
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.