Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Prindle Escape Jib Dimensions...  Bottom

• I am looking for the dimensions for a Prindle escape jib in order to replace a damaged one.

can anyone help with any suggestions or suggestions of an owner?

any help much appreciated.
  • The Escape is P18 Hulls with the P16 mast and sail plan.
    The Prindle class rules located here has all the info
    you need about sail dimensions.
  • I have a decent set of P16 sails that will work on your boat for $295 plus shipping. Let me know if you want to see photos.
  • So what does that do? just make a P18 into a fun safe family day sailor or can you still get some good wind with it.

Might be interesting to have another setup with P16 Rigging just in case you wanted to tame it down for the kids or something.

--
    Dustin Finlinson • Magna, UT
    Member: Utah Sailing Association
    1982 Prindle 18
    1986 Hobie 17
    1982 Prindle 16
    1980 Prindle 16(mostly)
    1976 Prindle 16(mostly)

Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook.
    --
  • ok, let me step back one minute- so i understand. the prindle escape is p-18 hulls with the mast and sailplan for a p-16. I understand that to be the case- with that said, i WOULD be interested if possible to have a set of P-18 sails and P-16 for the kids, as i am going to have the kids on quite a bit... but for the occasional race, wouldnt mind having a bit more power... is this indeed possible, or is the mast totally different?

would like to understand...

• The mast of a P18 is 2' 9" taller than the P16, so ideally, you would need a P18 mast with all rigging as well as the P18 sails. Then you would be able to change out your boat as needed, P16 for the kids, or P18 for a little extra boost

edited by: turbohobo, Jun 20, 2009 - 01:40 AM
  • well shoot- i know i can get the P-18 sails, but alas a mast could prove to be a challenge...

thanks for the info though, that helps out a lot.

• There was a P18 here in the classified adds, guy out of Gainsville FL had to get rid of his boat and what seemed to be part of another P18, sold now
  • Have just come across an P18. Sails and hulls in pretty good shape but mast need replaced.. Any idea for a good source of parts..
  • Try Pete Begle in Big Bear, CA

(909) 800-5237

or pbegle@charter.net

Can't say what he will have but he helped out with parts a couple times.

--
    Dustin Finlinson • Magna, UT
    Member: Utah Sailing Association
    1982 Prindle 18
    1986 Hobie 17
    1982 Prindle 16
    1980 Prindle 16(mostly)
    1976 Prindle 16(mostly)

Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook.
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.