Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

anybody going to be around Dunedin FL Sunday the 21st?  Bottom

• I am almost done rebuilding my 87 hobie 16 and would like a wingman around for the shake down cruise. With any luck, I should not need any help except for keeping a weathered eye out when I test solo right with a waterbag but a helping hand is always welcome.

Andrew, is this your part of town? I think I caught that in some crosstalk a while back so if you are up for it, I am sure i can find a way to reward you. Maybe a frosty beverage of your choice later?

Since it has been more then a decade since I last rigged and sailed a H16, I am guessing there will be a little fumbling and bumbling add that to the fact the boat has just been through a complete overhaul (glass, paint, standing and running rigging, rudder rebuild all hardware removed and reinstalled) so everything will need to be aligned and adjusted.

With any luck, "Bad Kitty" will live up to both sides of her name as she went from bad shape to BAD A#$...

I would greatly appreciate someone with experience but even lubbers are welcome!

feel fre to drop me a line pds624@gmail.com
  • Hey PD.... is that the 'bad kitty' in the tech. help gallery?? Where did some of yer picts go???

--
    ~ Vietnam Vet 69-71~ 17 Hobie w/big jib, ~18 Hobie mag,~DN Ice sailor,
    and other toys.......
    ~~ I live in NY state on the north shore of Oneida lake in
    Bernhards Bay. ~~~~~~
    --
  • Hey popeyez7

i was wondering why the thumbnails don't show up but if I click on them then open. Is it the same for you or are the pics truly gone?
  • AHHH...... yer thumbs don't show, but when I click on a pict it comes up....there's a way ya can change that. I remember seeing a box to check for thumbnails.... I think it might be at the bottom, go in there and snoop around for it.... Ya made me wonder about mine~~~ they're all right !!

--
    and other toys.......
    Bernhards Bay. ~~~~~~
    --
  • Hello Paul,
    Yes i live in Dunedin, and the causeway is my home base. And yes i will be sailing next Sunday (most likely) but i regret that i can not offer you my time or assistance as i have company in town (3 blonds from Latvia) that demand my complete attention (at least 1 of them does).... COMPLETE!!!! :)

I realized last week how little i remember about rigging a h16 when a newbie was asking me rigging advice last week.

BUT there are plenty of h16's on the causeway. you can simply walk up to anyone and ask. 99.9999% of the people on the causeway would be happy to help.

Also if you stay close to the causeway, there is always plenty of boats around to assist you... Just stay out of the intra-coastal channel as much as you can... the power boaters are jerkies....(most)
  • Hey PD.... If yer havein trouble with the thumb-thingy, contact Damon. he'll help ya out.... I was just lookin at mine and couldn't find the box... but I'am sure there's a way...........or keep snoopin

--
    and other toys.......
    Bernhards Bay. ~~~~~~
    --
  • I've fixed up the Bad Kitty album thumbs and put the pictures in title order, easiest way to rearrange if needed is to re-title them in number order.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • OOOHHHHH...... thanks Damon,,, yer just to cool icon_biggrin

--
    and other toys.......
    Bernhards Bay. ~~~~~~
    --
  • Hey Andrew

seeing as you were willing to help me out with my problem, the least I can do is help you out with your. icon_lol

3 women, You're my hero and i am glad to see you have your priorities strait
  • Paul, I just sent you an email to your gmail account with my cell #, but as Andrew, said he has his hands full with Latvians. Wink wink. I am usually out there by noon Saturday and Sunday. I do sail an H16. Sail # 71388.

MC
  • IM sailing in New Smyrna beach....every weekend. let me know
    icon_cool
  • Hey guys

Due to the joys of boat ownership, it looks like my maiden voyage will be delayed till Wednesday the 24th. Anyone playing hookie or gonna be around then?

If all else fails, I am a good swimmer... icon_lol
  • not i . . .
  • Sorry, I will be in North GA next week. I wont be out till probably the 30th.
  • No worries guys, suckered one of the neighbors into tagging along so it looks like I have found a helping hand / balast...:)
  • Paul,

I'm in Dunedin and have had a 16 since '91. If you let me know what time you'll be at the beach I can try and meet you. If the weather is like today it is going to be WINDY! you can reach me at jhoopes@tampabay.rr.com

-John

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.