Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Cattrax Question  Bottom

• I've been keeping my eye out for a steal on some Cattrax and may have found one but have a question.

A guy is selling a parts Hobie for $100. he is including a set of cattrax that have flat tires. i am really not interested in the hobie but is the Cattrax with flat tires worth $100. or less if I can talk him out of the cattrax only and he can still sell his parts boat for $100 or $75 or whatever.

This may all be for nothing as he is across the state and I may not be make the deal before someone else does but I'd still ilke to know if it's worth making.

--
    Dustin Finlinson • Magna, UT
    Member: Utah Sailing Association
    1982 Prindle 18
    1986 Hobie 17
    1982 Prindle 16
    1980 Prindle 16(mostly)
    1976 Prindle 16(mostly)

Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook.
    --
  • Update:

I found out that the flat tire are badly cracked and will not hold air so replacing the tires would be necessary. Also was given the chance to make an offer on em rather than buying the entire parts boat. Still not sure if he will want to hang on to em till I can down there but I need to price replacement tires.

--
    1982 Prindle 18
    1986 Hobie 17
    1982 Prindle 16
    1980 Prindle 16(mostly)
    1976 Prindle 16(mostly)

--
  • I've got one tire on mine that has a slow leak (holds air for less than a day. I tried the green goop made for atv tires but it didn't seem to help.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • But is it still worth getting it for less than $100 even if the tires are shot. I'm thinking of offering 25-50.

edited by: Quarath, May 18, 2009 - 12:08 PM

--
    1982 Prindle 18
    1986 Hobie 17
    1982 Prindle 16
    1980 Prindle 16(mostly)
    1976 Prindle 16(mostly)

--
  • You can buy the tires from the manufacturer for $50 each. They replacement tires only work with the models with aluminum rims and (car type) inflation valve.

So if these are the the aluminum rim type, sounds like a deal even at $100.

If they are the old needle valve type, then you have to buy the tire/rim combo for $99 each, still not a bad deal to end up with a like-new set of trax for $300

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--
  • Meant to add the URL of Florida Sailcraft, the maker of the Cat Trax
    http://www.floridasailcraft.com/CatAccesories.htm

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--
  • I just purchased a pair that sounds similar to yours, the bead on the tires was broken in spots and there was a lot of dry rot. I was able to add inner tubes for them at a local ATV/lawn mower shop for about $60. Check your tire size, but the should work if you want new tires, http://www.1stoptires.com/atv/slick.html
  • So I have made arrangements to have these picked up by a relative this week for a mere $30. can't complain about that.

--
    1982 Prindle 18
    1986 Hobie 17
    1982 Prindle 16
    1980 Prindle 16(mostly)
    1976 Prindle 16(mostly)

--
  • Dustin,
    keep us informed on how you correct the tire problem.
  • Did a little online hunting for ATV tubes. I didn't find any for $10 usually closer to $20. Plus I have to take shipping into account closes was and ebay for $12.88 but shipping was $15 which just seems ridiculous to me. I will probably end up looking a local ATV shops for a tube the right size and see if that works first. other wise I have a friend who sells Cat trax that says he can get me new tires for $55 each and used for $85-90 for the set.

--
    1982 Prindle 18
    1986 Hobie 17
    1982 Prindle 16
    1980 Prindle 16(mostly)
    1976 Prindle 16(mostly)

--

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.