Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Great sailing day  Bottom

• I live in New Smyrna Beach FL. (its about 20 miles south of Daytona Beach FL.) This was my 4th solo time out with out my ole sailor buddy dave who has really helped me out. I have been sailing her by myself so I got the feel of it pretty good. So, off we went to the beach this mothers day Wife and my son in toe, Its was a beauteful day I set her up got my wife and son on it and off we went . waves were about three foot in the surf and wind was about eight mph. We sailed for about 2 hours and had such a great time.The water was clear blue sun was shinning there were manta rays cobias dolphins we even cauhgt some macs while trolling a spoon along. You couldnt put a price on a day like that!!! just alil sailing story from FL.
  • Boy am I jealous. Love fresh caught Sp. Macs!
  • I mowed the grass, and patched some drywall, grumble, grumble, grrr.
  • I was driving from Texas to Alabama, pulling my new to me MacGregor 36 catamaran. WHAT HAVE I DONE
  • skarr1I was driving from Texas to Alabama, pulling my new to me MacGregor 36 catamaran. WHAT HAVE I DONE

holy crap thats huge. Would make for good camping/sailing along the panhandle and down fl.
  • That's what I bought it for, and maybe a trip to the Bahamas.
  • I was driving from Texas to Alabama, pulling my new to me MacGregor 36 catamaran.

Hey everybody,...... party on Skarr1's massive cat. Let us know when your up and ready!
  • I took the day off and went up to the lake, previous owner had riveted the adjustable crossbat to the tillers, there was always tremendous pull on the extending hotstick, so I finally drilled out the rivets and used a hacksaw to make measurement markings on the crossbar inserts. Got to the lake wind was 8-10 knots, sailed a bit, came back in because there was still some pull on the steering, adjusted the crossbar more in so the rudders were pointing slightly in, wind picked up to 15 knots, went on a screaming reach at warp 6.2, steering was perfect, no pull, port rudder kept folding up so I will have to tighten that up. Funny thing though, when I was trapped out on the port hull and the port rudder folded up, the steering got really sensitive, almost too sensitive. Some 'good ole boyz' came by on a opposite course on their pontoon boat, I spun about and hauled after them, catching up with them pretty quick. Made my day to see the look on their faces as I came past them trapped out, hull up, flying, warp 7. If only my photon torpedos were loaded, would have had those Klingons.

--
    TurboHobo
    H14T
    H16
    P18
    G-Cat 5.0
    P16
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.