Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Adjusting rigging tension on a Trac 14  Bottom

• I'm new to cat sailing, having only sailed one at a resort in Jamaica. I just bought a Trac 14 and am itching to get on the water! When looking at it the owner shoed me how to rig it, and the stays were pretty loose. There is no way to adjust them, but he said he sailed it as is with no problems.

Is this something I need to worry about, or is there a way to adjust the tension?

Thanks in advance,
    Jerome
  • can you post a pic of your rigging - all set up in the yard would be good. Sometimes things get changed over the years so it would be nice to see what you really have

--
    Lee - On the BIG Lake in MS

Harstil Kaulua 31 - Current Project Boat
    Cal 25 - What ? Time to freshen it up again??
    MC Scow 16 (1 in the water and 1 parts/project) SOLD
    Capri 22 - What do you mean you wont deliver it??
    Chrysler Pirateer 13 - new addition to the fleet
    --
  • The trac is a super fun/ light boat. The does your rig have two stays, two forstays, and the jib w/ cabled luff? If so, then you tension the rig with the jib. this is also true with lots of racing dinghys. your jib halyard (which hoist the jib) should have a ring/ loop in the line. when the sail is all the way up, the ring should be in reach. pull some of the extra line thru the loop. now you have a loop of rope. put that loop around the cleat on the mast. now you have a pulley system for tensioning. once you tension the rig simply cleat the halyard to the mast. If you reside in New Orleans then you probably have my old boat. they are fairly rare

--
    FYC, Nacra 5.2 "Chris's Flyer" & Nacra Playcat
    Previously owned: Trac 14, H14, H16, H18, N5.0, G-cat 5.0
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.