Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Dayton Marine Catyak  Bottom

Go to page 1 - 2 [+1]:

• Recently bought a catyak. When I bought it was in pieces. Didnt know if all was there. I pieced it together and suprisingly it was all there except rigging for attaching to mast. sail and supporting rods are there. Does anyone know how to rig this cat. i want to retore as close to original I can. Thank you
  • Hey redwulf39, welcome to TheBeachcats.com and thanks for posting, please keep us updated on what you find and add pics of your boat to your own album in the Catyak folder.
    http://www.thebeachcats.c…ictures/?g2_itemId=48223

Please create a signature...
    http://www.thebeachcats.c…Forums/Forum-Signatures/

How to get a custom avatar...
    http://www.thebeachcats.c…install-your-own-avatar/

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • got pics uploaded. my sail looks different that other pics. larger letters. space between trampoline and bottom of sail is smaller. but shes ready to go.
  • redwulf39got pics uploaded. my sail looks different that other pics. larger letters. space between trampoline and bottom of sail is smaller. but shes ready to go.

Wow, that Catyak looks to be in nearly new condition, judging by the fold marks on the sail and tramp it must have been store a long time. How did you come across it?

http://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=82265&g2_serialNumber=3http://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=82274&g2_serialNumber=3

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--
  • Was at a Goodwill Thrift store with wife. It was scattered in pieces across the store. Gathered to together and bought for 49.00 dollars. Lower mast support bar was bent, bought a few steel rings and I-hooks, another 20.00 dollars. Put it together based on pics from your site. Need to clean corrosion and coat risers(base plate) on pontoons. But otherwise she appears ready to go. Have no idea on what it is worth. Cant find anything on internet other than your site and wikipedia. Think I got my moneys worth?
  • you'll get your money's worth first trip out! that's cool...but it's a gateway drug-you will own a hobie or prindle etc. by next spring...i promise!

--
    Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook!
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    prindle 16- "BLUE RIBBON"
    --
  • Could you take some measurements of your Catyak? It's smaller than I realized, cute as heck though. On a pond type lake it looks like it would take on the Sunfish no problem.

http://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=80027&g2_serialNumber=6

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--
  • Pontoons are 9 ft long. width is 5 ft. sail is 12 ft high x 7 approximately
  • correction sail is 12x12
  • redwulf39Pontoons are 9 ft long.

Please... Hulls are 9 ft long.

Hate to be petty like that but sometimes something just grates on you.. like someone pronouncing Porche to rhyme with porch. icon_lol

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--
  • I stand correcrted... Being a rookie(Lubber) and knowing nothing, I assume I will be corrected alot. I did download instructions on how to sail and techy terms so soon I will be talking out of my fore instead of my aft. Untill then I may tack alittle.

Did the hull length or main size help with your inquiry about the size?

icon_confused
  • I think its pretty cool. I have bought a laser and a hobie 16 at Goodwill. Its a pretty good place to buy boats if you come across one.

--
    Greenville SC

Offering sails and other go fast parts for A-class catamarans
    --
  • redwulf39
    Did the hull length or main size help with your inquiry about the size?

icon_confused

Yes it did, thanks. The Catyak is much smaller than I realised! At 9 x 5 feet it's much smaller than the Sunfish which is 13'6" x 4'1".

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--
  • DamonLinkous
    Hate to be petty like that but sometimes something just grates on you.. like someone pronouncing Porche to rhyme with porch. icon_lol

PorSche icon_biggrin

--
    Uwe
    94 Prindle 19 - "überKat"
    DFW, TX
    --
  • uh
    DamonLinkous

PorSche icon_biggrin

grenade ouch!

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--
  • dig the catyak found m 5.2 here took a kleeper to santa cruz it was sketchie from the get go . then cat fever kicked in love it keep postin.need a sled letme know!

walls
    more rigs than i need
  • ok, you guys are cracking me up with the porch thing. I know the Catyak is small, more likely a trainer, but for a novice like me probably a good start. I live in Port Saint Lucie Florida. Have the ocean and Intercoastal riverway to learn on. Always wanted to learn to sail, saw this as a chance to learn. AS fate would have it I found the cat just after major hand surgury, I will be down for at least a month. I am dying from the temptation to get it on the water. Still in the 90's here.

I am amazed how little is on the internet about this Catyak or its maker. Anyone have any ideas as to resources to look into. icon_biggrin
  • Since the Main is rigid because of the two support poles. I wonder if there is anyway to drop it quickly while manuevering.
  • redwulf39anyway to drop it quickly while manuevering.

I'm not sure what you mean? The main sail and booms drop to the deck if you release the main halyard, then the booms slide down the mast. It's just like a Sunfish.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

--
  • you should be able to sail anywhere you want when you get the hang of it, in the meantime a small paddle will get you through the rough spots...doesn't look like there would be much room on the tramp if you droped the sail. the only direction you won't be able to easily sail is into the wind but that's what tacking is for. i would love to take it for a spin!

--
    Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook!
    bill harris
    hattiesburg, mississippi
    prindle 16- "BLUE RIBBON"
    --

Go to page 1 - 2 [+1]:

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.