Nacra 5.2 advice

I recently got a 78 Nacra 5.2. I need to install the new tramp that came with it. it looks like I must undo the main beam straps. Is this correct?
Also the boat has no jib blocks. I cant tell where the jib sheets to. It has no track for the jib either. It looks like it never had any.
There is a line running across the tramp about 2/3rds of the way back. do the jib blocks shackle to this line?

Thanks
John Mahoney
Cranston
these pictures might help
just click on the picture for more
airborne

edited by: airborne, Oct 08, 2007 - 07:03 AM
I will study those photos. I noticed a few things right away. You are not using the center tube between the beams. you ran the jib wire under the tramp, but I see the old pad eye holes above the tramp. I like the barber haul set up. the top of your diamond stays seem to terminate together at one spot on the front of the mast. I am re-doing mine which were on the sides of the mast and am wondering if I should move to a single point on the front. I have the old style spreaders.
I have the old style dagger board holder, a hook forward of the main beam. It looks like yours are bun-geed together under the tramp.

Thanks
JM
My diamond stays terminate on the sides of the mast, at least the bottom of the diamond wires. The top of the diamond wires do terminate at the front of the mast. I can post a pic. if you want.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

airborne

edited by: airborne, Oct 08, 2007 - 08:33 AM
stonybrookI recently got a 78 Nacra 5.2. I need to install the new tramp that came with it. it looks like I must undo the main beam straps. Is this correct?

John, Check the Nacra assembly manuals for tips, although I'm sure the rigging has changed over the years, it might help to see how they originally had it.
See this folder for two manuals that include the 5.2
http://www.thebeachcats.c…pictures&g2_itemId=35212
[mg2:35212]

--
Damon Linkous
1992 Hobie 18
Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
--
My next challenge is to get the new tramp on. This tramp has no lacing other than at the rear beam. so the width is pre set. I cant get the darn thing on.
Well i can just barely get it on but can't slide it down the side track. Any ideas on stretching it. Should I put it in the dryer to heat it up?

JM
Got the tramp on but I can tell I am going to have a hell of a time spreading the hulls to get the main beam back in position.
Try to leave it out in the sun, it makes it a lot easier to put the hulls back together. It will be a pain no matter what.

airborne

---- Added by Damon ----
airborne has created a nice Nacra 5.2 rigging album here, thanks airborne![mg2:35563]