Need Help choosing a trailer

We recently purchased a Hobie 16.I posted a want ad for a trailer and found a "Caulkins heavy duty Hobie trailer". Is this a suitable trailer? The seller wants $500.00, fair/too much?

Thanks for your help!
Hi Jasmine, and welcome to the new Beachcats forums! I had a Caulkins trailer. They were well made. Unfortunately the one I had, had been totally abused and neglected. I rebuilt the whole thing except the frame. If the one you are looking at has been well maintained, and is in road ready condition I'd say it's a fair price (at least in the northeast). Check the wheel bearings to make sure the grease is still fresh, and all the structural parts of the trailer, including springs. Lights are relatively easy to rewire/replace, but I'd knock the price down if they don't work. Where are you located? Trailer? Brian Also does it come with a sail box? Slides for cattrax?

edited by: catflyer2003, Sep 16, 2007 - 08:32 PM
Hello,

Thanks for getting back to me. e (the trailer and I) are located in Seattle. I haven't received any photos yet, but will forward them to you once I have. This is all brand new and I am extremely appreciative of your helpful advice!

Thanks again,
Jasmine
Jasmine, Are you familiar with Sail Sand Point in Seattle? If not, I suspect the folks there would be a big help to you. I only know of it from the forums. There is a wonderful guy named Caleb Tarleton who is quite active there. He sails a Hobie 17. He has shared a lot of what's gone on out there on what is now the Yahoo Group, and more recently on the Catsailor Forums. Hopefully we'll get him piping in here soon too. Keep us posted, Brian