Help, my traveller aint travelling

I put new torlon balls in my 1985 Harken traveller and a few months later its just as sticky as before. What should i look for?

--
John

Nacra 5.0
CT
--
Use Harken one drop, Order on line or a West Marine.
Okay will do

--
John

Nacra 5.0
CT
--
I’m assuming you’ve tried the easy/free stuff. Scrubbed the track with toothbrush & soapy water. Taken the retainer out, scrubbed the car, & bearings. put them in a bottle of soapy water & shake.
Counted the bearings…you can fit an extra in the race & it won’t slide.
For lube, save the beer tokens. Harkens technical pages used to state, One drop of their like named lube…but if that was not available, one drop of light machine oil such as 3-in-One.

--
Hobie 18 Magnum
Dart 15
Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
Nacra 5.7
Nacra 5.0
Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
--
I will count the bearing, thanks.

--
John

Nacra 5.0
CT
--
Edchris177I’m assuming you’ve tried the easy/free stuff. Scrubbed the track with toothbrush & soapy water. Taken the retainer out, scrubbed the car, & bearings. put them in a bottle of soapy water & shake.
Counted the bearings…you can fit an extra in the race & it won’t slide.
For lube, save the beer tokens. Harkens technical pages used to state, One drop of their like named lube…but if that was not available, one drop of light machine oil such as 3-in-One.

+1
Do you sail in salt water? If so, are you soaking the blocks in fresh water after you sail?

--
Sheet In!
Bob
_/)_____/)_/)____/)____/)_____/)/)__________/)__
Prindle 18-2 #244 "Wakizashi"
Prindle 16 #3690 "Pegasus" Sold (sigh)
AZ Multihull Fleet 42 member
(Way) Past Commodore of Prindle Fleet 14
Arizona, USA
--
This is a fresh water boat.

Sadly and as they say in the IT Department, this is a PICNIC problem. (Problem in chair, not in computer). There was no lube used after rebuild. I took it apart and its fine, just bone dry.

Thanks for the help and lets go sailing!!!

--
John

Nacra 5.0
CT
--
All fixed

--
John

Nacra 5.0
CT
--