H18

Hello!

Now to this site and getting back into sailing. I'm in the Annapolis area and looking around I found an H18 no idea of the year. I'm in the process of doing my homework and wanted to see if there were any areas of significant concern I have to pay close attention?

The cat has been somewhat neglected for the past few years and it has been exposed to the elements in a yard/shop. I was able to look inside the hulls and both had some water in it. Seeing this I removed the plugs, the cat was not flat and the water did not drain, unless there is a compartment/bulkhead I don't know of (very possible!!). I notices a little bit of crazing around the cross bars but figured this is a "normal" thing. The trampoline was taught but quite sun faded, I moved 1 of the straps and the color difference was very stark.

The rudder and the standing rigging was there, but looking back I wish I would have taken a pic or paid closer attention. The running rigging was nowhere to be seen.

As for the trailer ... it is there! Flat tires but that is all I paid attention to. LOL

The yard owner told me he has the dagger boards and will look for the sails.

Thanks in advance for your time, help and guidance!

-J
I posted twice by mistake please delete this one since I'm not able to do it myself.

-J
I posted twice by mistake please delete this one since I'm not able to do it myself.

-J