Nacra Beam Straps Flush

I am racing tomorrow and I noticed many (7 of 8) of my beam straps are flush to the deck. The boat still feels rigid and the bolts are tensioned to spec. I imagine the elongated at the bolt holes being the smallest section.
Question is, should I do nothing and race 42 miles in lighter conditions solo, or do I fabricate a spacer the put between the straps and beam (think 1/16" plastic sheet or rubber or 20ga stainless steel) to give me some space between the hull and strap?
I fear messing with any of it will more than likely cause me to cancel plans.

--
FYC, Nacra 5.2 "Chris's Flyer" & Nacra Playcat
Previously owned: Trac 14, H14, H16, H18, N5.0, G-cat 5.0
--
QuoteI fear messing with any of it will more than likely cause me to cancel plans.
Like I've said before, "If it works don't fix it." When you're sailing try putting your hand on the places in question and see if you feel anything you shouldn't.

--
Bill Townsend
G-Cat 5.0
Sarasota
--
Sometimes they touch, sometimes they don’t. If the beams seem tight, sail it.
Lift the bows & wiggle them...does the rest of the boat move? If so, they’re tight enough.
I can’t remember which model you have, but be aware there are two different straps.
There are parts lists available on the internet. That will show for sure which straps you require.
I can’t recall right now, but IIRC, the dagger boats use either the shorter straps, (or 2 long, two short).
The skeg boats use the longer straps all round.

--
Hobie 18 Magnum
Dart 15
Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
Nacra 5.7
Nacra 5.0
Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
--
Quote2 long, two short

correct

--
Philip
--
Finished the race and came in 3rd for my class. Mostly because the weather broke 2 boats and sank 1 leaving only 3 boats racing. I will swap out all of the bolts and inspect the straps. I need to change a car on the tramp anyway.

--
FYC, Nacra 5.2 "Chris's Flyer" & Nacra Playcat
Previously owned: Trac 14, H14, H16, H18, N5.0, G-cat 5.0
--
QuoteMostly because the weather broke 2 boats and sank 1 leaving only 3 boats racing

Yikes!

But i guess last boat standing is 1 strategy
QuoteLift the bows & wiggle them...does the rest of the boat move? If so, they’re tight enough.

I mis-typed, too late to edit. If they are tight enough, the boat should not wiggle.
The tramp provides much of the stiffness, but the frame alone should not exhibit slop.

Edited by Edchris177 on Jul 13, 2021 - 09:42 PM.

--
Hobie 18 Magnum
Dart 15
Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
Nacra 5.7
Nacra 5.0
Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
--