Contoured access ports

Looking for contoured access ports for Hobie 14. Does anyone make them anymore or do you need to use flat ports with lots of silicone? Repairing a hull delam and would like to look inside to check the pylon and such .before I start drilling holes
Common technique is to bed them into fiberglass/epoxy bead sort of thing. Don't know about contoured access ports, but I've got to think SOMETHING is around that could do that from all the kayaks and things out there.

--
Chuck C.
H21SE 408
--
charlescarlisCommon technique is to bed them into fiberglass/epoxy bead sort of thing. Don't know about contoured access ports, but I've got to think SOMETHING is around that could do that from all the kayaks and things out there.

They used to be available from many sources but seem to have gone away. I know flat ones can even be sealed with silicone etc. I would rather cet the right ones if available.
Build up a nice flat area with glass cloth and resin. Fair it out all nice and pretty. Finish it. Then cut in the access port.

--
'82 Super Cat 15
Hull #315
Virginia
Previously owned: '70 H14, '79 H16, '68 Sailmaster 26, '85 H14T
--
The company that made the contoured ports went out of business 6 or 7 years ago, maybe longer. Murry's announced it on their website and the ports they had in stock didn't last long.

--
Ron
Nacra F18
Reservoir Sailing Assn.
Brandon, Mississippi
--
If I might give you a tip if you install 'flat' ports on a curved hull, just be sure you don't deform the port ring when tightening the screws. If you do, the cover won't screw into the ring properly and you won't get a water-tight seal.

I mixed up some 2-part marine epoxy and set the ring in that. I used painter's tape to outline the ring so the epoxy was only under the ring.
j

--
Aquacat 12 (sold)...'87 Nacra 5.8 (sold)...'03 Nacra Inter18 (sold)
Venture 15 (sold)....'89 Nacra 5.8 (sold)...'91 Nacra 5.8NA (sold)
'99 Nacra Inter20 (sold)
--
Thanks, I've done the ports long ago, was just hoping the curved ports were still around at some obscure place.
Bear in mind, that once you have cut a hole in the deck, you are going to want to compensate for the loss of structural
integrity. You will want to build up some lamination around the cut out on the underside of the deck.

--
'82 Super Cat 15
Hull #315
Virginia
Previously owned: '70 H14, '79 H16, '68 Sailmaster 26, '85 H14T
--
My Hobie Dealership had some generic curved hatches that closely, but not exactly fit the rear of the hull on my H18. some white marine silicone filled the gaps nicely. Ditto on the "Don't flex the ring at all."

--
1978 H18
1983 H18 (some of it)
--