G-Cat 5.0 info

Hi all,

I am new to the forums after having been a guest for quite a while. Last summer, I got really into cat sailing, sailing a Prindle 16 in San Diego for several weeks. I really want to get into cat sailing with my own boat now that I’ve learned that AZ actually has some decent places to sail. I’ve found a G-Cat 5.0 that I could buy that needs a little work. It’s pretty cheap, but I can’t really find any information on the performance of the boat. On the other hand, I found a prindle 16. It’s more expensive, but doesn’t need as much work, and it’s something I’ve experienced firsthand.
Being that it is heavier and has bigger hulls, is the G-Cat very nimble and/or fast? I love flying hulls, trapezing, and just going straight out fast. I don’t want to get the G-Cat instead of the prindle and be let down because it is a more sluggish boat. I’d rather pay more for something a bit more agile and exciting. I don’t want to come across as ignorant, I just want to learn a little more about the characteristics of the G-Cat (And if they match up with what I enjoy doing).
I accidentally posted this twice. Oops! Is there a way to delete this thread?
We will ignore this one till the site owner deletes it