EVA foam upgrades

Hi all. I was planning to put EVA on the NACRA like the new boats have. Seems like HydroTurf's monopoly is no more , with several new vendors selling foam. Anyone have experince with the new kids, SeaDek etc?

They may seem like new outfits, but maybe its just i started research .

Boat will be covered on a trailer, salt and fresh water. Trapping and rough seas will be the norm. Boat gets hosed after use.

Thanks for the help.

--
John

Nacra 5.0
CT
--
IMO, all over the products are very very similar.

--
Greenville SC

Offering sails and other go fast parts for A-class catamarans
--
You can go on aliexpress and search for boat foam, or eva anti slip boat decking etc. A bunch of dirt cheap stuff pops up. Basically the factories where most hydroturf like stuff comes from anyway. Just have to wait a month before it arrives from overseas.
I actually have a textured yoga mat on the decks of my nacra. Was about 10 bucks on sale. 2 years old now and still going strong.

Edited by tamumpower1 on Jan 21, 2020 - 02:06 PM.
tamumpower1You can go on aliexpress and search for boat foam, or eva anti slip boat decking etc. A bunch of dirt cheap stuff pops up. Basically the factories where most hydroturf like stuff comes from anyway. Just have to wait a month before it arrives from overseas.

Disclaimer, I am a hydro turf dealer.

I have a customer with a large large project and he explored the options on Ali. Despite much lower initial looking prices, the net cost at the end of the day was very similar to the hydroturf costs. On his project for $1,100 worth of material, he was going to save $40. Not nearly worth it IMO.

Whatever you do, get the PSA backing. If you ever remove the turf, its WELL worthwhile.

--
Greenville SC

Offering sails and other go fast parts for A-class catamarans
--