Dart 20 For Sale, Ready to Put In and Sail!

Selling my 1989 Dart Stampede, ready to put in and go, trailer in good shape with easily-transferable registration.

https://tampa.craigslist.…atamaran/7040449110.html

Would have kept it but had to move up to NY for a job. Happy to answer any questions you might have
Fun boat!
i have personally been on it in over 40knots of wind with it's previous owner.
That's insane! With Dan?

I hear that since they're UK boats they can perform in quite a lot of wind. Me and my dad were clipping pretty good in 15 knots of wind.

Still bummed I never got to fly a hull on it.
Bring it with you to NY. Plenty of good sailing all over the state.

--
Pete Knapp
Schodack landing,NY
Goodall Viper,AHPC Viper,Nacra I20
--
valentinoThat's insane! With Dan?

No - Steve and Jeannie who owned it for many years

there were 3 of us on it.
the girl in front of me was screaming, i was crying (not really) and Steve was all smiles.

Battens were snapping left and right, and it wanted to flip but Steve kept it perfectly under control.

QuoteI hear that since they're UK boats they can perform in quite a lot of wind. Me and my dad were clipping pretty good in 15 knots of wind.

Yes these were designed to sail in the north sea. I lived and sailed in Scotland for 2 years and i can tell you ... it is VERY very very very windy there.

I think the designs were sold and the boat was being build in s. africa where it is also Very windy
MN3Fun boat!
i have personally been on it in over 40knots of wind with it's previous owner.

That is insane. The most I ever had my Dart in was 33. I was worried about being able to turn around & get it to the dock.
I ended up sailing into a lee bay, dropping the main, then sailing back onto me dock under jib alone.
I didn’t think the Stampede was ever built in S Africa. They moved production of the Dart 15 There for a few years, but it has since been brought back to England, by Windsport https://www.windsport.co.uk/catparts-shop/
There were some issues regarding trademarks/licensing, so the name was changed when production went to
S Africa.
What was the Spark, became the Dart 15, & is now the Sprint. They have been in production for 42 years.
Windsport stocks pretty much everything for the Darts. You can buy factory beams, sails, rudders. I have purchased several orders via their website & had them sent via Royal Mail, (about$7), to my house,
Obviously, sails, masts etc would be different, but it is surprising how many parts between the 15, 18, & 20 are the same.
They are great boats, simple to rig & sail. The entire boat comes apart with no tools required. The one con is because they survive so well in big wind, they are not so great in light wind. If it’s 15 or below I prefer a Nacra, or H18. When it eats over 20, I can solo the Dart with no worries.
That’s a good price. A trailex trailer, beach wheels & extra rudder set alone are worth that.

Edited by Edchris177 on Jan 11, 2020 - 12:29 AM.

--
Hobie 18 Magnum
Dart 15
Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
Nacra 5.7
Nacra 5.0
Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
--
Why are all the fun boats a gazillion miles away from me...

--
John Schwartz
Ventura, CA
--
John you have a fun boat! use it lol

--
Carl

Dart 18x2
Nacra 5.8
1967 B-LION for sale
1985 Hobie 18
Windrider Rave x2 for sale
--
Quote The one con is because they survive so well in big wind, they are not so great in light wind.

100% correct ...

Notice the oversized mystere sail for the boat
also has an oversized jib (or did) - that is why there is a forward beam .. to support it
onekiwiJohn you have a fun boat! use it lol

Point taken my friend...

--
John Schwartz
Ventura, CA
--
Don't some of them have front tramps? Or is that a custom thing, not an OEM thing
jalexDon't some of them have front tramps? Or is that a custom thing, not an OEM thing

no
front tramps would be pretty dangerous in high wind / high wave areas (like where they were designed to sail)

they create a literal platform that would be terrible when waves crash over the bows
they create lots of extra windage while a cat is on it's side
Pretty sure this is your cat from way back - https://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=132508&g2_serialNumber=3
MN3Pretty sure this is your cat from way back - https://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=132508&g2_serialNumber=3

It IS! I believe that's Smitty on there. I'd never seen him run a spin though. Pretty cool stuff.
QuoteIt IS! I believe that's Smitty on there. I'd never seen him run a spin though. Pretty cool stuff.

surprised it's not listing ... :)

I ended up with that spin pole and my first spin came from that boat.

Edited by MN3 on Feb 07, 2020 - 09:25 AM.