Free, rare project - AMF Hilu Proa

Located near Stanwood, WA

Hi all.

This spring a neighbor was getting rid of it and I ended up parking the project in my yard.
The boat is very rare - only a handful were built That is the reason why I prevented it from going to the landfill.
PDF manual: https://www.rvharvey.com/hilu-manual.pdf
Plenty of pictures of others out there: https://www.rvharvey.com/hilu.htm

Issues:
- If a title is needed, I do not have one, neither does the neighbor.
- Has been sitting in the elements for a looong time. Both foam filled hulls are waterlogged.
- Aluminum strip on fiberglass seam has been removed
- Sail is not nice to look at (apparently Sunfish sails work as well)
- All wood is barely there. Good enough for a template but rotten!

The few good things:
All boat specific hardware should be there!
I also received a folder with logo, measurements and other info on this boat the prev. owner received.

With the arrival of my own boat now this got pushed over the horizon and I cannot see myself touching it.
All is currently disassembled.

Edited by diewurst on Oct 28, 2019 - 04:13 PM.
Interested. Where in the world are you located?

--
FYC, Nacra 5.2 "Chris's Flyer" & Nacra Playcat
Previously owned: Trac 14, H14, H16, H18, N5.0, G-cat 5.0
--
Apologies, I should have put that in the title.
I'm nowhere near AL. The boat is in northern WA.

Edited by diewurst on Oct 28, 2019 - 04:13 PM.
Just roll it up and ship it. It is an 82 hour drive round trip. Should cost me about $600 in fuel. What's funny is my wife was saying we should take a trip to Seattle for our Anniversary in 364 days...

--
FYC, Nacra 5.2 "Chris's Flyer" & Nacra Playcat
Previously owned: Trac 14, H14, H16, H18, N5.0, G-cat 5.0
--
rch701Just roll it up and ship it. It is an 82 hour drive round trip. Should cost me about $600 in fuel. What's funny is my wife was saying we should take a trip to Seattle for our Anniversary in 364 days...

You just need to find more catamarans on the way to make it worth the trip. dance
Hey diewurst, do you still have the parts? I'd actually like to put the time into restoring it. I'm in Oregon and would do a road trip. Thanks!
Can anyone tell me where I can source parts for restoring a Hilu. Basically everything other than the hulls? Not sure of the sizing of anything. Thanks, Ed