5.2 traveler

need to replace the ball bearing in my traveler could someone tell me how many and what size i need to order
thka
considering your boat came out 44 years ago you may need to include what type of traveler car you have
maybe a pic too?
its a harken traveler!
https://www.murrays.com/product/28-0177/
https://www.murrays.com/product/28-0177
Or call Sailing Services, they sold me the bearings to rebuild a Harken furler, good people.
IIRC, you need 21 for the traveler.

Edited by Edchris177 on Oct 21, 2019 - 10:27 PM.

--
Hobie 18 Magnum
Dart 15
Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
Nacra 5.7
Nacra 5.0
Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
--
I have a Harken traveler with captured bearings. Send cell for pic. 909-800-5237
thanks everyone FYI harken has a video on the rebuild and i ordered everything from murrys thanks again
spstack13thanks everyone FYI harken has a video on the rebuild and i ordered everything from murrys thanks again

Remember, the car is only half the system. Have a close look at the track. Rough spots or grit can ruin your new cars bearings pretty quick.

--
Hobie 18 Magnum
Dart 15
Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
Nacra 5.7
Nacra 5.0
Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
--
I know the car. The bearings are not enclosed. You will need a loading car. I may have one. It is a blue piece that looks like a traveler track. It has a cut out for loading the ball bearings. I don't recall how many ball bearings. I used to have a jar full of bearings for this reason. You can call Harken direct and they will send/sell you the loader and the bearings. .

--
Scott

Prindle Fleet 2
TCDYC

Prindle 18-2 Mod "FrankenKitty"
Tornado Classic "Fast Furniture"
Prindle 19 "Mr. Wiggly"
Nacra 5.8 "De ja vu"
Nacra 5.0
Nacra 5.8
Tornadoes (Reg White)
--
you can also use shaving cream to keep the balls in place and simply rinse away the shaving cream when done

texastumaI know the car. The bearings are not enclosed. You will need a loading car. I may have one. It is a blue piece that looks like a traveler track. It has a cut out for loading the ball bearings. I don't recall how many ball bearings. I used to have a jar full of bearings for this reason. You can call Harken direct and they will send/sell you the loader and the bearings. .
[quote=MN3]you can also use shaving cream to keep the balls in place and simply rinse away the shaving cream when done

Good to know... My Tornado has a Ronstan car with open races... I do have a loader, but I'll keep that in mind.

--
Scott

Prindle Fleet 2
TCDYC

Prindle 18-2 Mod "FrankenKitty"
Tornado Classic "Fast Furniture"
Prindle 19 "Mr. Wiggly"
Nacra 5.8 "De ja vu"
Nacra 5.0
Nacra 5.8
Tornadoes (Reg White)
--