Highlander trailer VIN question

Hi, folks. Haven't been around in a while. I appreciate that a trailer question is rather OT, but I can't think of a better group to put this question to.

I'm buying a cat that happens to be sitting on a Highlander trailer (apparently made by Shoreliner in TX, probably in 1983). The company went out of business somewhere around 1990.

The VIN sticker has long since weathered/fallen off, and without a VIN it's very difficult to import into Canada. In August I bought an EZ-Loader trailer (with a couple of Sea-Doos on it - don't hate me, there's a story) that was similarly missing its VIN sticker, but EZ-Loader clued me in to the fact that they put backup VIN numbers on a little sticker inside the tongue tube right up where the hitch bolts on.

Can anyone tell me whether this Highlander might also have a hidden backup VIN, and if so, where?

thx.mch.
jl

--
Southern Alberta and all over the damn place.
1981 SuperCat 20 "Roberts' Rockets"
1983 SuperCat 19
TriFoiler #23 "Unfair Advantage"
Mystere 17
Unicorn A-Class (probably made by Trowbridge) that I couldn't resist rescuing at auction.
H18 & Zygal (classic) Tornado - stolen and destroyed - very unpleasant story.
Invitation and Mistral and Sunflower and windsurfers w/ Harken hydrofoils and god knows what else...
--