Resin, cured or uncured is not biodegradable

Any way to dispose of hull pieces, besides landfill??? I do not wish to add to platic polution. Thanks.

Edited by BobBill on Sep 08, 2019 - 01:08 AM.

--
Leave places better for having been there; respect others,
"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." Harper Lee - Scout, To Kill a Mockingbird.
Congress needs fixing, fix it!
--
Check to see if you have a MRF(Murf), Mixed Material Recycling Facilty. There may be a cost associated but it’s the right thing to do. I have heard California has a boat disposal program that is free for tax payers but still not sure what they do with them as fiberglass recyclability is still somewhat uncharted territory. Seems like they could shred them and stuff car seats or insulate something
Thanks. Will do so. Small town here.

--
"The one thing that doesn't abide by majority rule is a person's conscience." Harper Lee - Scout, To Kill a Mockingbird.
--
Depending on where, you may find there isn't a facility that actually recycles it. As I understand it, its a fairly new process.
Either way, I know in Texas they run a program periodically where people can dispose of unwanted boats. I don't know what they actually do with them though.

--
Joshua

Texas Gulf Coast
'82 Prindle 16 (Badfish)
'02 Hobie Wave (Unnamed Project)
‘87 Hobie 18 (Sold)
‘89 Hobie 17 (ill-advised project boat, Sold)
--
badfishI know in Texas they run a program periodically where people can dispose of unwanted boats. I don't know what they actually do with them though.

I disposed of a Sunfish a couple of chunks at a time each week when my trash was picked up icon_wink
I only just found out about the resin thing and have a recycled hull to replace. Found out County does not really hold and generally sends to landfill, so decided to use half of hull, loa, instead of plywood section, as the "shear web" to attach foam to. That way less into landfill. I have habit of not wasting resing ( use left overs for garden masks) and an very anal when comes to pollution...should work out, I can stiffen 16 foot long hull-side, which I think I can do.

Anyone need pylons? Will have two.

--
--