F18 spin on an I20

I see a lot of F18 spins for sale and was wondering if one would work as a storm spinnaker on an I20. Would
one from an end pole snuffer work as is with my end pole or would the patches have to be reworked? This would not be for racing, just out bombing around in heavier air and training.

Thanks.

--
Pete Knapp
Schodack landing,NY
Goodall Viper,AHPC Viper,Nacra I20
--
it should work fine
esp if both were rigged (patched) for end pole use

I used a ragged out f18 spin as my first spin to lean how to use it before i put a tornado one on my (f18 sized) mystere
I've thought about this, but here are a few limitations:

1) Most F18 kites are setup for mid pole snuffers, 3 patch takedowns. Even a 2 patch takedown doesn't have the takedown patches close enough to the luff for an end pole, but it might work.

2) Geometry wise you may have some issues with the hoist being noticeably shorter, at least 3' or so. This will mean the F18 kite is twisted off pretty heavily, with more of a screecher shape. Not good for the kite, and tends to pull you sideways more than forward. You could play with a longer tack line but that may allow the kite to get wrapped around the end pole.
QuoteGeometry wise you may have some issues with the hoist being noticeably shorter, at least 3' or so.

good point: at that time i had a shorty bow sprit and it was rigged very high up
Quotehis will mean the F18 kite is twisted off pretty heavily, with more of a screecher shape.

Is this twist due to the top of the spin being so far below the bail on the mast?

--
Pete Knapp
Schodack landing,NY
--
We went ahead and bought an inter 18 spin and tried it on our inter
20. After some experimentation we found using all 3 patches allowed the spin
To successfully deploy and snuff. It did bunch up more than the 20 but with a little
More effort snuffed completely. Surprisingly it raised almost to the bail. Sailing against
Other 20's, F18's and F16's, our boat seemed to sail down as deep as the others while
Providing less power and being more manageable for our light crew weight. In the future we
Will most likely rework the patches but for the first outing it was a success.

--
Pete Knapp
Schodack landing,NY
--
Nice sailing Pete, You forgot to mention the H21?

--
Ted
Hobie 21SE Feral Cat
Upstate NY lake sailing
--
Ted I was comparing my boat to boats of very similar design, but there may have been a subliminal
forgetfulness when it came to leaving out your boat which won the class. LOL Great job and as always
a pleasure to race against you and the rest of our group.

--
Pete Knapp
Schodack landing,NY
--