Install access hatch on Hobie Wave?

My Wave (like others) has access ports which are underneath the seat pads making it virtually impossible to use. I was at my local dealer the other day and wondered if I can install a Hobie Twist n Seal hatch, that is typically intended for their kayaks, in place of the existing ones.

Has anyone done this? Does it work? Any help/advice would be appreciated

Take Care

Joey P
rolexjoe@gmail.com
Where would you put them? Is the problem with the existing ones that you are sitting on them so they are hard to access?

--
Damon Linkous
1992 Hobie 18
Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
--
Damon. The problem is that they lie under the seat pads which are held down with adhesive. To get access to the hatch, you have to ruin the seat pad ($30 each) to get to it. I am thinking if I can install an easier hatch, I can trim the seat pad to expose the hatch and thus gain easier access

Thanks
My Wave had access ports towards the rear of the hulls on the flat area behind the cross bar. They were simple 8 or 9" ports with twist on lids. I no longer have the Wave and can't find a pic to share. Yes, you can add them!
The access ports under the seat are screwed and glued on and as I recall I could barely get my hand in there.
I asked hobie dealer Kirk Newkirk (KeySailing.com) about this and he said the deck ports used to be standard on the Waves and the best spot to add them is behind the rear beam.

So tradisrad probably had one that came stock with the ports.

--
Damon Linkous
1992 Hobie 18
Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
--