Barn find Nacra on Ebay $550

From pics looks like great deal....plus vintage beach barrel wheels for the collector!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/…7ad34:g:5vgAAOSwceZcjm72

--
Steve
Nacra Inter 20
Okemos Michigan
--
What is the deal with people always wanting to keep their trailer. Catamaran trailers are good for little more than catamarans. We have one at my club that they turned the crossbars 90 degrees and make a "flat bed". Just sell them for the $350-$400 they are worth and buy a $300 flat bed. Drives me nuts.

--
FYC, Nacra 5.2 "Chris's Flyer" & Nacra Playcat
Previously owned: Trac 14, H14, H16, H18, N5.0, G-cat 5.0
--
RCH701What is the deal with people always wanting to keep their trailer.

It's usually because they have multiple catamarans and only one trailer.

--
Sheet In!
Bob
_/)_____/)_/)____/)____/)_____/)/)__________/)__
Prindle 18-2 #244 "Wakizashi"
Prindle 16 #3690 "Pegasus" Sold (sigh)
AZ Multihull Fleet 42 member
(Way) Past Commodore of Prindle Fleet 14
Arizona, USA
--
Trailers are always the worst part of the deal anyway. Both my cats were in great shape, well taken care of. I’m surprised either made it home on their lousy trailers. One 40 mile tow, one 200 mile. Then I Built one out of 3/16ths box tubing, I was so proud of myself. What a mistake, way too heavy
u know what kills me about trailers...

the (markup) cost for parts
i needed a new axle for my 6.0 trailer -

I asked a local sailor who used to own the local sail shop if he could order me an axle with hubs
He did it for a few $100. No instal included - no biggie

About 9 months later I needed one for my Jon boat (the hubs rusted so bad I couldn’t get them off so I just decided instead of spending over $100 on new hubs I would just replace it for a few $ more.

He didn’t want to deal with it so he told me he would order it at cost if I would pick it up.

Axel, nuts bolts, u-bolts came to under $110
WOW

When I asked our local RENTZ (trailer shop) they wanted over $600 for the same exact parts

I am a capitalist, and I understand markup but I can’t get over 6x markup
MN3 Axel, nuts bolts, u-bolts came to under $110
WOW When I asked our local RENTZ (trailer shop) they wanted over $600 for the same exact parts

Similar experience with a hitch for our new Sienna van... eTrailer had it a $149.00 with detailed videos on the installation.. Local trailer and hitch supply wanted $400 for the same hitch and $560 to install it.. and then another $160 for the wire harness and $300 to install it.. and he wanted the car for the whole day... Told the guy I can get the hitch cheaper on line with free shipping, the installation would take about an hour of my time and the wiring harness was $100 from Toyota a total plug and play with all the grommets and plugs. Told the guy I want to support a local business.. but not at almost double the cost... He shrugged and told me to have a good day...

I the end, my total out of pocket was $300.00 and a Saturday morning of my time..

--
John Schwartz
Ventura, CA
--
^^^ I had the same experience when adding a hitch to my Nissan Quest, any place that sold and installed hitches wanted an arm and a leg. I ordered a "Hidden Hitch" online and it came with the wiring harness and even had safety chains. It was so easy to install everything and the harness was plug and play.

--
Marty
1984 Hobie 16 Redline Yellow Nationals, "Yellow Fever"
Opelika, Al / Lake Martin
--
martyrI ordered a "Hidden Hitch" online and it came with the wiring harness and even had safety chains. It was so easy to install everything and the harness was plug and play.

eTrailer... weekly specials... got a Kuat bike rack for $365... not tax free shipping... same rack at REI $485. But then again you know walking into REI, you're going to pay more than elsewhere.

Edited by JohnES on Apr 05, 2019 - 05:03 PM.

--
John Schwartz
Ventura, CA
--
klozhald
RCH701What is the deal with people always wanting to keep their trailer.

It's usually because they have multiple catamarans and only one trailer.

Correcto mundo
I have 3 cats at the lakehouse, one Trailex trailer.

--
Hobie 18 Magnum
Dart 15
Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
Nacra 5.7
Nacra 5.0
Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
--