Hobie 16 value

I have a mid 80s Hobie 16. No soft spots, takes on no water. Harken 6:1 mainsheet. Straight mast, newer standing rigging, tired running rigging. Jib blocks and cleats are about gone. 2 sets of sails that are great rec sails. Lots of spare parts including extra rudders and rigging. No trailer but willing to deliver within 100 miles. Biggest thing is a lot of flex has developed in the frame, lots of independent hull movement. I know it’s fixable but I have another cat that gets most of my love so I’m not ready to take on the fix. Thinking of listing it for $1000, how’s that sound? I’m guessing the no trailer will hurt me. Normally I would keep a set of sails and spare parts and go lower, but I’m not planning on having another 16, at least not soon
There are a ton of '80s Hobies out there. I counted 38 in my CL 200 mile radius in the DC metro area. I managed to sell a Turbo 14 into that market. The buyer is right next door. Who needs to travel to get an old Hobie Cat. Clean it up, tighten it up, think of it as the boat you sail.
If it's on a good trailer, the buyer can haul it away.
There's nothing like the sight of the stern of that weed cat leaving your yard while you fondle that stack of c-notes!
The phrase "road worthy trailer with title" is a great incentive towards closing the deal.
Trailers are a pain in the a** we endure to go sailing. We want them to be road worthy, lit up and legal.
I can't count the times I've been out in a driveway at 11pm before a sailing trip, or potential sale, re wiring,re packing, or re rigging a cat trailer.

Edited by gahamby on Sep 14, 2018 - 11:21 PM.

--
'82 Super Cat 15
Hull #315
Virginia
Previously owned: '70 H14, '79 H16, '68 Sailmaster 26, '85 H14T
--