Supercat sails

The standard answer (with which I generally agree) is that for all things Supercat, go to the factory.

That said, has anyone had any Supercat sails built elsewhere, and what are your results?

Hunter Riddle at Schurr sails is now my primary guy because he does a great job and is local—7 hours away kind of local.

--
Tim
Collierville (Memphis), TN
Supercat 15--sold :(
Hobie monocat--given
Vanguard 15--traded for...
Nacra 4.5--sold
Nacra 5.7
Hobie 14–sold to make room for...
Supercat 17–sold
--
Probably a good question on the Aquarius forum..I just got sails from Schurr. I would feel totally confident in their ability to make you a great set of sails. Good Luck.

--
Pete
2001 NACRA 450 SOLD
2000 NACRA 500 TOTAL LOSS
2004 NACRA INTER 20 SOLD
2016 NACRA 500 Sport
DeLand, FL
--
Well the answer on that forum is for sure factory, which is ok. I asked Hunter if he’s done any SC sails but he’s out til Monday.

--
Tim
Hobie monocat--given
Nacra 4.5--sold
Nacra 5.7
Supercat 17–sold
--
I've got a gorgeous squaretop pentex main from Jay Glaser for my SC20, and I've had 20 sails from Elliot Pattison that were fast and durable, also pentex. I think any name loft that has lots of multihull experience will build great sails, I'd be less comfortable with a loft who's primary experience is with mono sails. Whirlwind Sails are worth a look as well. With all that said, buying sails from Tom at Aquarius keeps him in business, which benefits all of us who love SC/ARC boats, and you can be sure it will be top quality.
I agree with Dave on supporting Aquarius, and have on everything but sails....

I got a main and self tacking jib for my SC20 and a self tacking jib for a SC17 from Randy Smyth. Well pleased with both. The 20 main was a monster! I got a square top main for my 17 from one of the sail makers mentioned in earlier posts and was not happy with it. Many others have gotten sails from them and have been pleased so maybe mine was a fluke or something.

--
Mac
Midlands South Carolina
AHPC Viper USA 366
A Cat USA 366
Super Cat 17
--
If I’m not mistaken Schurr builds some of Randy’s designs. He’s also local and I’m very proud to be a 1% acquaintance (meaning I’ve been couple of races, far behind). So I guess if I need some SC sails I’ll check the factory, Smyth, and Schurr.

Thanks all!

Edited by tnell on Jun 08, 2018 - 10:12 PM.

--
Tim
Hobie monocat--given
Nacra 4.5--sold
Nacra 5.7
Supercat 17–sold
--
Schurr was the builder of Randy's sails until he shipped production over seas. I have heard that the quality is not as good as when Schurr was building his sails.

--
Pete
2001 NACRA 450 SOLD
2000 NACRA 500 TOTAL LOSS
2004 NACRA INTER 20 SOLD
2016 NACRA 500 Sport
DeLand, FL
--
Tim, are you looking for sails for the 17?
No not right now, but may sometime ahead

--
Tim
Hobie monocat--given
Nacra 4.5--sold
Nacra 5.7
Supercat 17–sold
--
The Smyth sails I got for my old 20 were made oversees. They were well made.

--
Mac
Midlands South Carolina
AHPC Viper USA 366
A Cat USA 366
Super Cat 17
--