GA/SC Sailing

My daughter (and No.1 Crew) is currently working in Albany GA and it looks like she'll be in Augusta GA for at least part of this year. Was thinking about maybe dragging the boat over that way for a regatta and wondering where might be the best place for her to get involved with other multihull folks. Any suggestions or other places to look for more info? Thanks!

--
Jerome Vaughan
Hobie 16
Clinton, Mississippi
--
Not a whole lot on One design racing going on but EMSA hosts a bunch of good events worth attending. James Island Yacht club is hosting a beach cat regatta toward the end of May that should have some Hobie 16s in attendance. I don't think a NOR is out yet but below is a post from the local Charleston fleet facebook page.

"Hey everyone, a heads up for the spring...James Island Yacht Club is hosting "The Cat Came Back" open, multi-hull regatta, May 19-20. All multi-hull classes, one-design and Portsmouth, are welcome. So far, we're expecting Hobie 20's, Hobie 16's, Weta, Waves, and A-Cats. Official notices to come later!"
Keowee Sailing Club has several events, as does Columbia Sailing Club. Check for dates on their website. Many are organized and attended by EMSA sailors. A few times, I sailed at Augusta Sailing Club but do not know if they have any cat events. Good to hear JIYC will host an event.

http://www.keoweesailingclub.com/

http://www.columbiasailingclub.org/

--
Ted
Hobie 16
South Carolina Lake sailing
--
Thanks all!

--
Jerome Vaughan
Hobie 16
Clinton, Mississippi
--
There's a very active club in Saint Simons Island, GA (Brunswick area, about an hour north of jacksonville, fl) Saint Simons Surf Sailors. They do several series throughout the year. Ton of Hobie 16's but a larger growing class of Nacra 6.0 NA's, F18's, some 5.8/5.2 and an I17. A handful of them do some of the races each year in Jacksonville and James Island.

Note, saw this was an older thread, just figured I'd throw this out there.

--
Saint Simons Island, GA
Saint Simons Surf Sailors

Nacra 6.0NA
Nacra Inter17
Hobie Wave
PSI Laser
AMF Sunfish
--