First time cat owner

Hi,
My name is David and I was given a 1985 AMF trac 16 for free so this begins a new journey for me, living in Minnesota we have tons of great sailing lakes. My only experience is wind surfing so we will see how next season goes. For now I had to replace the bridles, the side stays, and locate a Jib other wise she is ready to go. Looking forward to digging thru the site here and learning more about cat sailing.
Welcome to the site!

I like the looks of your boat. Some folks have expressed concern about the potential availability of parts. But, as the song says, "love the one you're with..." !

Here's the owner's manual, if you don't have one...

https://www.thebeachcats.com/files/trac_16.pdf

One man's opinion, from a search for "AMF Trac 16"...

"They are very hard to pearl dive and fast for a recreational model.
the AMF company was sold and divided up just after the boat came out or the trac 16 would have been much more popular." ....

Edited by corktown on Nov 12, 2017 - 03:00 AM.

--
Erik
'84 Prindle 16
Detroit
--
Hey thanks for the link,
As for parts I was able to locate the bridle and the shrouds from Salty dog Marine, and I came across a Bower M16 jib locally for 35 bucks so we are set to go sailing. I have always admired the Catamarans out of the water so this will be extremely fun to jump into.
The shrouds and bridles showed up today from Salty Dog marine and they are spot on and much nicer than what the cat came with.
thunder1The shrouds and bridles showed up today from Salty Dog marine and they are spot on and much nicer than what the cat came with.

+1 for Salty Dog Marine.

--
Sheet In!
Bob
_/)_____/)_/)____/)____/)_____/)/)__________/)__
Prindle 18-2 #244 "Wakizashi"
Prindle 16 #3690 "Pegasus" Sold (sigh)
AZ Multihull Fleet 42 member
(Way) Past Commodore of Prindle Fleet 14
Arizona, USA
--