Dart HID

Anyone know where to find the hull identification number on a Dart, or more specifically, a Stampede 20?
On my dart 18 the number is on a metal plate pop riveted on the transom AND inside the hull, access though the rear port

Edited by onekiwi on Nov 10, 2017 - 04:45 PM.

--
Carl

Dart 18x2
Nacra 5.8
1967 B-LION for sale
1985 Hobie 18
Windrider Rave x2 for sale
--
HeadhunterAnyone know where to find the hull identification number on a Dart, or more specifically, a Stampede 20?

Did you ask Steve F?
Can't specifically say for the Stampede,but most Darts have a large handwriten HIN, (some sort of felt pen type, mine is red)n the inside of the hull. As mentioned, you can read it through the rear hatch, flashlight recommended.
They do not follow the protocol we are used to. The HIN # is just that, a number. Mine has no letters at the beginning, signifying the manufacturer.
It also does not use the last few digits to denote the year. They just continue sequentially, BUT, as they number each hull, you have to sort of divide by 2 to get the rough number off the production line. You only get an approximation of the year.
They used to keep records of which hull numbers corresponded to each build #, but many of those were lost when the Dart brand changed hands.

Edited by Edchris177 on Nov 10, 2017 - 07:34 PM.

--
Hobie 18 Magnum
Dart 15
Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
Nacra 5.7
Nacra 5.0
Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
--
ED IS CORRECT, I AM IN PROCESS OF TRAILERING DOWN TO FT LAUDERDALE FLA MY 3RD DART 18, LOST ONE TO IRMA,I ALSO FOUND SERIAL NUMBERS HANDWRITTEN FOR EACH HULL BeHIND REAR HATCHES,on all 3 cats. However, there is a back up way to id cat if you have original sails. There use to be on google under Dart 18 catamaran a record for each sail number giving the year of manufacture.[/email][/email] PS when I get to Fla next week trailer for sale cheap, i already have one in Fla. Will post this site after 11/25/17
HeadhunterAnyone know where to find the hull identification number on a Dart, or more specifically, a Stampede 20?

Out of curiousity, did you buy the one on craigslist in the Tampa/St. Pete area?

My Dart 18 HID is in the same place as Ed as Nofear report.

--
Dana, Holly, Emma & Hannah

LJ/Stu's Dart 18
--
purchased all 3 Dart 18s in northeast, first Dart 18 after lost n5.2 to Hericane sandy early2013 in the Mass Berkshires, My friend Malcolm Stitt ( tornado) use to own a Dart 18, he helped me trailer it , The second Dart 18 i picked up in N.J. & the third one Malcolm helped again(we r setting it up tomorrow to trailer to Fla)we picked up in Conn near Rhode Isle border last year and i had it in storage- Irma just sunk N.J.Dart two ,so the #3rd Dart will now go on Lake Emerald Oakland Park Fla, over the years begin in 71 had hobie 16, 5 prindle 16s, another h16, & nacras 5.2 &5.7 as well(2 prindle 16s&hobie 16 in storage)
dartsailors

Out of curiousity, did you buy the one on craigslist in the Tampa/St. Pete area?

My Dart 18 HID is in the same place as Ed as Nofear report.

Dana, He is the one selling it