Lake Erie Catamaran Group - Cleveland and Surrounding Area

Anyone in the Cleve area looking to group up, sailing cats, wanting to network to crew or solo sail with other boats for safety, learning, and fun.
I live in Lakewood, minutes from Home Port Rocky River launch ramps. I've heard others launch, operate out of Whiskey Island, Wendy Park, Edgewater Park.
Newbie Hobie 17 owner, would love to learn by crewing, or take experienced cat sailor for crew on mine.
Post here, PM etc. - tx - Hank C

--
H17 Sport Newbie
Lake Erie - the Big Pond
--
there are a few beachcats that race regularly on lake erie, north cape yacht club on the west side has a regatta june 17-18, also some racing out of port Clinton and Sandusky. there are a couple f16s and one hobie tiger that I know of in Cleveland area. I world love to organize a fun sail or training day with a few other cats on the lake and am not opposed to traveling to Cleveland pending there is a good place to launch (safe beach). anyhow the local regattas have a Portsmouth class that you could race in. race with cram and your first regatta is free. you will learn more about cat sailing in one regatta than in a whole year just sailing on your own. lots of fun. come sail with us, take a ride on my f18, we were planning a fun sail/shakedown sail this weekend or the next pending weather. the water temp in western lake erie warms up fast, its shallower.

--
great lakes

C2 F18
--
Shortbus, thanks for reply. I was off the grid for a couple weeks travelling. I have a couple of "lines to secure" (pun intended) around here and will be in touch. Doin' my research to get geared up. A trip out to NCYC is in my near future. Hope to make the regatta also..- h

--
H17 Sport Newbie
Lake Erie - the Big Pond
--
come out to crescent this weekend for the CRAM regatta, because its your first race it will be free of charge, they even have big boats available for you to sleep on so you wont even have to get a hotel room. lake ST. clair is crystal blue and beautiful and warmer than erie right now. wind forecast looks favorable. http://www.cramsailing.com/

--
great lakes

C2 F18
--