Using 2 sets of beach wheels

I have bought a new set up of rubber beach wheels. Still have my plastic ones. I have a long beach launch this weekend, thinking of using both sets at once. I figure less weight per wheel and won't have to balance the boat. But, are my plastic ones still slowing me down on the loose sand?
jalexI have bought a new set up of rubber beach wheels. Still have my plastic ones. I have a long beach launch this weekend, thinking of using both sets at once. I figure less weight per wheel and won't have to balance the boat. But, are my plastic ones still slowing me down on the loose sand?

Could be a possibility. Using two sets will add to difficulty to change directions at will but makes it easier to push solo. Takes some manuvering to turn.

http://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=113756&g2_serialNumber=4

--
Goodsailing

Laser-Standard Rig (Sold 6/15)
H18 (Sold 7/15)
Building 19' Tacking Outrigger
Balt-Wash Area
--
Just sail it on the quad wheels. If it gets going too fast, use the dagger boards as brakes. icon_biggrin

sm
http://www.thebeachcats.com/pictures?g2_itemId=113081

I have a lightweight alum framework hose clamped to the two axels that makes the two sets of wheels into a four wheeled cradle, that's easy and quick to get the boat on and off of. I get to leave the boat on it when parked, but if you developed a quick release method to attach the frame to the axels, it might work for trailering. Maybe the frame could scissor to make it more compact for transport.

Dave
Dave, what did you use to make the cradles out of?

--
Hobie 18 Magnum
Dart 15
Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
Nacra 5.7
Nacra 5.0
Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
--
The rear cradles are fiberglass, and came with the beachwheels, which came with the boat. The front ones are just a vertical 2 x 6 scribed to fit the hulls and covered with carpet. 85% of the weight is on the rear wheels, so the front wheels are just there to keep the bows up off the beach.

The winch was $50 from Harbor Freight, and the lawn tractor battery was $20 new. The winch is mounted to a stout alum plate with a 1" hole in each corner, that allows 4 pcs of rebar to be pounded into the ground/beach, which secures the winch. Hook up the battery and I can pull the boat 50 feet with little effort.
Quoteust sail it on the quad wheels. If it gets going too fast, use the dagger boards as brakes.

Funny HA. Yea there's a video 60's of them sailing it across the beach to inland pond. Next time out I'm going to try sailing up the little grade to level beach.

--
Goodsailing

Laser-Standard Rig (Sold 6/15)
H18 (Sold 7/15)
Building 19' Tacking Outrigger
Balt-Wash Area
--