Inspection port o-rings

I need to replace the o-rings on my Nacra. I've measured the inspection ports (there's ten of them!) and they are 4.5" in diameter. About half are Viking, and the rest are a look alike. Thing is, my google searches only turn up 4" or 5" Viking o-rings. What's the deal?

--
Tom
Nacra 5.5 Uni
(actually a chopped down 18sq)
(soon to be 5.5 sloop)
Northern California
--
call aps
800 729 9767
ask for ajf

Edited by topcat16 on Apr 01, 2015 - 02:28 PM.
sierracatI need to replace the o-rings on my Nacra. I've measured the inspection ports (there's ten of them!)

Wait, you have ten 4 1/2 inch pots? Five in each hull? That seems like a lot.

--
Damon Linkous
1992 Hobie 18
Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
--
What exactly are you measuring? I suggest you go to murrays.com and search on access ports. They have a sizing chart which shows you some of the dimensions for the various ports. For example, the top of the lid on a 4" port is actually 4.5" diameter. The opening in the port is 4" diameter.

sm
Yes, I have 10 ports, is quite ridiculous. Six on the port side and four on the starboard side. I'm guessing someone needed a lot of access for repairs, although I can't see evidence of repairs.

I am measuring the o-ring itself, and the recess the o-ring sits in. Definitely 4.5"

--
Tom
Nacra 5.5 Uni
(actually a chopped down 18sq)
(soon to be 5.5 sloop)
Northern California
--
If you have odd-size o-rings, you might try an industrial supplier like this :

http://www.mcmaster.com/#o-rings/=wm0q2c

If you scroll down, you'll see they even have o-ring cord, which you just cut to length, and glue the ends together with super glue - It works icon_biggrin

Tom
+1 on the mcmaster suggestion

--
Cesar (Cez) S.
Hobie 16 (had a few)
Nacra 5.2 "Hull Yeah"
Vectorworks XJ - A class (not named yet)
West Michigan (Grand Rapids/Holland Area)
--