Webster Lake Indian Lake Narragnsett Bay in Rhode Island
--
Yeah. Even I could see that!!! icon_biggrin

--
78 Hobie 14 (buried in the garage)
75 Venture 15 (love it)
--
Everyone's a comedian. icon_lol

This is just a teaser until I can get them on the boat. Let's just say you will no longer have a problem seeing my Hobie 18 on the water. victory

--
Damon Linkous
1992 Hobie 18
Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
--
DamonLinkous New Sails!

Where from?
The sail bag looks like one I got from Chip. The batten box, also looks one that came with my sails.

--
Jack B
Hobie 17
BC, Canada
--
jackb The batten box, also looks one that came with my sails.

The battens were made to order by RBS in Oregon. A lot of sailmakers use them.
http://www.rbsbattens.com/battens/

I'm kind of excited.

http://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=107688&g2_serialNumber=4

--
Damon Linkous
1992 Hobie 18
Memphis, TN

--
The original plan was to break them out at the Spring Fever, but it was cancelled.

--
Damon Linkous
1992 Hobie 18
Memphis, TN

--
DamonLinkous I'm kind of excited.

I feel your joy man,

banana

--
Jack B
Hobie 17
BC, Canada
--
They look great Damon! Season on!

Dave
Now, those are sails. Awesome!

DamonLinkous
jackb The batten box, also looks one that came with my sails.

The battens were made to order by RBS in Oregon. A lot of sailmakers use them.
http://www.rbsbattens.com/battens/

I'm kind of excited.

http://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=107688&g2_serialNumber=4

--
New Prindle 18-2 Owner
Former Prindle 18 Owner
Multiple Hobie 16s
Boylston Massachusetts
Webster Lake Indian Lake Narragnsett Bay in Rhode Island
--
Congrats!
can i ask what a new set of battens costs?

what kind did you get (carbon or regular)

how many battens did you need for that sail?
Awesome look

--
Kenneth Purdy
Hobie 16
Nacra 5.2 (2)
Banshee
First Coast, Florida
--
OUCH... those are SHARP and... HOT. Can't wait to see in person. icon_smile

I went and sold the H18... she's down in the country of Panama, in retirement, on the beach, at a resort (Del Cameron Resort).... and replaced w/an F-16, honorably named "Doubletime 2"

Neil Pryde?

Edited by robpatt on Apr 17, 2014 - 09:25 AM.
what brand f-16?

Quoteand replaced w/an F-16,
Wicked....Congrats! See ya' at S2S!

--
Jerome Vaughan
Hobie 16
Clinton, Mississippi
--
Blade '07.... was the boat (not literally my boat) for the 2007 Alter Cup.
Boat has sailed out of OSYC several times for S2S and Island Hop as Jody Abrams "Plays With Sharp Objects"... but she's had a makeover, new SNU and won't be recognized now....

Going sailing Saturday so have to do the traditional renaming ceremony... virgins peeing on the bow and deck.... isn't that part of the ritual??? Splash some south Mississippi locallly brewed Southern Pecan on her too.

Edited by robpatt on Apr 17, 2014 - 02:34 PM.
Couldn't decide on red or blue so you decided to just mush em all up and call it good. icon_biggrin

--
Dustin Finlinson • Magna, UT
Member: Utah Sailing Association
1982 Prindle 18
1986 Hobie 17
1982 Prindle 16
1980 Prindle 16(mostly)
1976 Prindle 16(mostly)

Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook.
--
Why did you choose Elliot Pattison ? I will need sails soon and am looking for best bang for the buck. Looking at EP , Calvert , Glaser , Sabre ... anyone more recommended over the rest ? Looking for performance but also longevity when paying a few $$ thousand . txs!
I hope to see those rigged up on your boat this weekend! Weather forecast looks great icon_smile
Tim

--
Tim Grover
1996 Hobie Miracle 20
Two Hobie 14's
1983 G-Cat Restored
Memphis TN / North Mississippi
--
emmettvWhy did you choose Elliot Pattison ? I will need sails soon and am looking for best bang for the buck. Looking at EP , Calvert , Glaser , Sabre ... anyone more recommended over the rest ? Looking for performance but also longevity when paying a few $$ thousand . txs!

As far as best bang for the buck, it's tough to beat Chip at Whirlwind Sails...builds a high quality sail at an excellent price.

Now, to really answer your question, we need to know platform. For the Hobie 18, I would highly recommend Chip, he did the original sail design on the platform at Hobie Cat Co. I just purchased a new F18 jib from EP, and I think he did some nice work on this sail from a build quality standpoint. I will say EP has had some QC issues in the past, but they are a great company and will resolve the issue promptly if there was a manufacturing defect. They also build sails that last, several guys at the club racing with 5+ year old N20 EP mains.

Now, when it comes to performance, especially for a F-18 or F-16, I wouldn't go with either of these companies. I went with them on the new jib because the price was right and we needed a good practice sail. Otherwise, I stick with Performance Sails on the Infusion, IMO they are building the fastest F-18 sails. Goodall makes a great F18 and F16 package, as does Ullman Italy and Sail Innovation. In the U.S, Glaser is the go-to sail maker for performance boats. We have one of their kites, it is a well built sail, quick, but talk to the Glasers before ordering. On the kites, they've moved to a tougher cloth in certain colors (moved to SK80 from SK75).

Good luck,
Sam
thanks for the info Sam..
I have a Prindle 19mx > I have a Smyth mylar main sail that is starting to wear . Last summer i picked up a new Calvert jib that was wrongly ordered by a customer , at 1/2 price . Seems very well made and works great . Not sure if i want to get a matching Calvert main sail or look at other manufacturers that might suit the boat better ? I am not looking for ultimate race designs since It is obviously an older design boat. Still performs very well , so looking in the $1600 to $2000 range .
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated !
i just ordered my main from doyle in st pete 20 months ago - holding up well - just had a new window put in and had my boltrope released (shrunk) - i love it

I was there the other day and they are GREAT in person but they are semi terrible with small customer care details (email/billing you before they call to tell you your sail is done, IF they call), not responding to emails quickly, hard to get in touch with the sales guys, etc. but they try hard and have been pretty fair with me ($)

my friend with a gcat ordered a main and jib and was not happy - then they did not listen to some of his requested pre build (how many battens, where he wanted extra re-enforcement) and changes after he brought it back (put a window in it, and again where he wanted extra re-enforcement) - he will not be back

He has used Calvert. Not without repair but he was very happy with product and service

I have 2 used f-18 sails from goodall Sails and they rock. They are powerful despite being smaller than my stock sail (never used one) and the cut down tornado's i usually have. I was capsizing a lot with these sails because you have to be on your A game with them,... i wasn't )

I have killed a landenberger Tornado sail - it was well built, lasted forever

I have killed 2 used race Tornado sails from Jill/Robby that were a dream (both ullman sails)
emmettv I have a Prindle 19mx > I have a Smyth mylar main sail that is starting to wear .

Go with Glaser Sails on your 19MX. Jay and Pease Glaser have raced Prindles worldwide and have been making sails for the 19 since it was new. Jay and Randy Smyth opened Danger Sails which were sold by Prindle Dealers as the race upgrade package for the 18-2 and 19. If you go to Glasersails.com you may notice the their logo greatly resembles the Danger logo. They know the shape you need for your weight and usage. Give them a call. One of the two, Jay or Pease (both are Olympic silver medalists) almost always answer the phone and will talk with you about materials and construction all you want.

Edited by klozhald on Apr 18, 2014 - 12:03 PM.

--
Sheet In!
Bob
_/)_____/)_/)____/)____/)_____/)/)__________/)__
Prindle 18-2 #244 "Wakizashi"
Prindle 16 #3690 "Pegasus" Sold (sigh)
AZ Multihull Fleet 42 member
(Way) Past Commodore of Prindle Fleet 14
Arizona, USA
--
emmettvthanks for the info Sam..
I have a Prindle 19mx > I have a Smyth mylar main sail that is starting to wear . Last summer i picked up a new Calvert jib that was wrongly ordered by a customer , at 1/2 price . Seems very well made and works great . Not sure if i want to get a matching Calvert main sail or look at other manufacturers that might suit the boat better ? I am not looking for ultimate race designs since It is obviously an older design boat. Still performs very well , so looking in the $1600 to $2000 range .
Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated !

Wasn't Calvert the original sail maker for that cat? if so, i would go with them

get a modern cloth and live large!

nothing better than new sails...(except a new boat with new sails)