Trailer tongue length

In am the proud new owner of a Taipan 4.9. I am working on trying to fit the boat in my 19ft deep garage. Boat is 16 ft long. Trailer tongue is an additional 72" beyond the bows, making the total length 22ft. My plan was to install a swing tongue kit in line with the bows, so when folded the Boat and trailer was 16' long. The kit limits the length of the swinging tongue to 4ft. So I would need to shorten the tongue by 2 ft. I measured the width of our cars and the max is 80inches. I figure the as long as the tongue extends at least 40inches (1/2 the width of the card) I will be ok.

Am I missing anything?

--
Jon -- Dallas, TX
Taipan 4.9
--
Update your sig! Congrats!

--
Rob
OKC
Pile of Nacra parts..
--
If the rudders are on, the boat will be longer then 16, and the boat will not be all the way on the rear of the trailer, so this will be a bit tougher than you think. My point is a 19 ft trailer will not tow well, as the hulls will poke the tow vehicle. And the boat will be over loaded on the front of the boat if the back is all the way at the rear of the trailer.

The other option is to push the boat forward on the trailer for storage and then pull it back to tow, Oh yea what about the mast? How wide is the garage?

Congrats on the new purchase. HTH, Richard.

--
Lake Perry KS
H-18
N-5.5 UNI +spin
--
Rudders are removed for travel. On this boat it is easier to remove them than to ensure they do not fall down during travel.

Mast is stored separately.

--
Jon -- Dallas, TX
Taipan 4.9
--
ready4h2oRudders are removed for travel. On this boat it is easier to remove them than to ensure they do not fall down during travel.

Jon,

Check your private messages.

Later,
Jimmy

--
-------------------------------------------
1983 Nacra 5.0 Sail #10
Dallas, Texas area
-------------------------------------------
--