Tramp material/bias cut

Years ago I bought a trampoline from Sunrise for a cat (sold 2006)and was concerned about the directional cut of the material. Since then I've learned it was bias cut. It wasn't a real tight fit but worked good.
Now I notice that the current one I have (for SC 17) is NOT bias cut and fits tight(non bolt rope on the beams) And an older original tramp for my SC20 is not bias cut either.
Anyone with working experience with bias/non bias cut replacement tramps.

I ask because in the future I plan to redo the latter tramp.
Bias cut only requires you to tighten along one axis, usually across the rear of the tramp. Regular cut has to be tightened along two axis, along the rear and front to back, either down the middle or along one hull.

I like the clean platform of a bias cut tramp.

--
Uwe
94 Prindle 19 - "überKat"
DFW, TX
--
paulgsc20And an older original tramp for my SC20 is not bias cut either.
Anyone with working experience with bias/non bias cut replacement tramps.

Yup- bias cut is a newer construction technique.
Tighten it from the middle outward. Once complete, go back to the middle and do both sides again.
Tightens better and stays tight longer than standard cut tramp.

UweI like the clean platform of a bias cut tramp.

Agreed

--
Sheet In!
Bob
_/)_____/)_/)____/)____/)_____/)/)__________/)__
Prindle 18-2 #244 "Wakizashi"
Prindle 16 #3690 "Pegasus" Sold (sigh)
AZ Multihull Fleet 42 member
(Way) Past Commodore of Prindle Fleet 14
Arizona, USA
--
My old Supercat 19 had 3 bolt rope tracks ...2 on the sides and 1 on the rear..a one peice tramp. If the new bias cut tramp only needed to be tight on one axis I must have not been methodical enough.

The SC20s tramp is a 2 peice non bias cut but will need to be replaced. I should be able to tighten that one more than the 17 or 19.

Thanks for the info.
Do you trailer and expand your SC20 often? If so I am not sure the bias cut tramp will be that convenient or helpfull. I would trailer with the tramp on but loose, and after expanding would tighten center and ends, I am aftraid it would not expand easily if it was a single bias cut tramp. Also the center lacing helped when climbing up to get to shroud extender when flipped. :)

--
Scott,
‘92 H18 w/SX wings
‘95 Hobie Funseeker 12 (Holder 12)
‘96/‘01/‘14 Hobie Waves
--
I have not used the SC20.... it is in process of being repaired and that slowly..
Sfinley....what do you mean by 'single' bias cut. Are you implying there is a double bias. I understand Bias is at a 45 degree angle to the weave.
By single I meant a one piece tramp. Being able to tighten the center laces after expanding is nice. If the tramp was one piece you might find yourself fighting the tramp while expanding the boat. Or you would need to install the tramp after you expand.

--
Scott,
‘92 H18 w/SX wings
‘95 Hobie Funseeker 12 (Holder 12)
‘96/‘01/‘14 Hobie Waves
--