Sea Spray 18

So I was thinking about my old sea spray 15 and remembered seeing a post about the sea spray 18 does anyone own one? If so please post some pics. Have found nothing through searching the web besides this
http://sailboatdata.com/viewrecord.asp?class_id=6997
Thanks guys

--
Nacra 5.7
Falcon Lake Manitoba
Canada
--
The guy most knowledgeable about Sea Sprays moved to W. Virginia & know he has several 15's. I remember now his first name was Richard. Pete

Edited by pbegle on Nov 05, 2012 - 06:16 PM.
anybody know a richard from virginia haha thanks for the help pbegle, do you know if this richard guy is on the forums?

--
Nacra 5.7
Falcon Lake Manitoba
Canada
--
anybody know a richard from virginia haha thanks for the help pbegle, do you know if this richard guy is on the forums?

--
Nacra 5.7
Falcon Lake Manitoba
Canada
--
It's been a few years since I talked with him. We had gone up to Black Butte Resovoir for the North Americans. Had about 20 boats, half came down from the Okanagan Valley in Canada inland from Vancouver. On alternate years they held N. Amer. at Lake Osoyoos Sailing Club, then somewhere in N. Cal next year as that 's where the major fleets were for this boat designed by Allan Arnold in S. California in 1966. This years U.S nationals won by Don Snell on Huntington Lake, Ca (6 boats) and he also won Canadian Nationals on Lake Osoyoos (12 boats). Nice little boat, the 15, at about 160 #'s, and no slug. Pete
You might try the Canadian Sea Spray Club. I know that even 2 years ago there was a fairly active fleet in Southern Alberta, had facilities on Lake Newell I believe. I saw at least 5 of them for sale around Calgary in the last year.
I believe the /nationals are to be held at lake Newell in 2013.
I think they were racing the 15's, but someone there might know who or where to put you in touch with an 18.
http://www.canadianseaspray.com/
http://www.newellsailingclub.com/news-events

--
Hobie 18 Magnum
Dart 15
Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
Nacra 5.7
Nacra 5.0
Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
--
My family owned a Seaspray 18' we bought it around 1973. The boat had structural problems and needed glass reinforcement on the back beams and reinforcement of the front beam where the dolphin kicker middle stay met it. Some of the fittings also needed to be replaced. Once those problems were fixed it was a great boat for lake sailing! We could sail past any other 18 and took on a lot of sharks and other 20s.

I don't believe it could have survived the ocean surf. We had it on one of the Finger Lakes it took line squalls, and lake storms (3-5' waves) as long as you had the ability to chose the course.

I have pictures but don't know how to post them here.
[Seaspray1.jpg][/Sea Spray 2.jpg]
Go to the top of the page, right side, click on FAQ.
You cannot just paste from your computer to this site.
I suggest make an album titled Sea Spray 18, then upload a whack of photos to the album.

--
Hobie 18 Magnum
Dart 15
Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
Nacra 5.7
Nacra 5.0
Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
--