I am looking for an 18 footer without dagger boards?

I used to sail Hobie 16's but am looking for a larger boat without boards. Any ideas?
Prindle 18

--
Nacra 5.2
--
Nacra 5.7

--
Dave Bonin
1981 Nacra 5.2 "Lucile"
1986 Nacra 5.7 "Belle"
Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
--
Prindle 18 is best asymetrical--have one in La Paz. Pete
+1
and even a dart18

which board-less boats are available depends a lot of where in the world you are...
gcat 5.7
Supercat. Definitely.

The Supercat 17 has more hull volume than any 18 out there.

The Supercat 18 is very rare, but is 18 feet long and has a wider beam.

The Supercat 19 can be sailed with or without daggers.

You won't find a boat with more volume or main tramp space than any of the above.

OK, the Gcats have an extra front tramp, but I'm talking about the main tramp..
I second a Prindle 18 but you could also consider a Prindle 18.2 or 19 they have centerboards which are much more friendly than daggerboards as they will kickup like rudders if you get to shallow.

--
Dustin Finlinson • Magna, UT
Member: Utah Sailing Association
1982 Prindle 18
1986 Hobie 17
1982 Prindle 16
1980 Prindle 16(mostly)
1976 Prindle 16(mostly)

Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook.
--
QuoteI second a Prindle 18 but you could also consider a Prindle 18.2 or 19 they have centerboards which are much more friendly than daggerboards as they will kickup like rudders if you get to shallow.

I think h18 daggers (and wells) are much more robust than any centerboard cat i have seen (never seen a real tornado in person, or action)

we have a few 18-2, ,and 19's around here.. (and hobie17) and those centerboards are broken more than my old 18 boards/wells

Edited by MN3 on Aug 13, 2012 - 03:01 PM.
See that seems odd to me. I have no personal experience sailing with either but center boards are designed to pop up and daggers you have to remember to raise so I would think if working properly a centerboard would be much less worry and less likely to be damaged.

--
Dustin Finlinson • Magna, UT
Member: Utah Sailing Association
1982 Prindle 18
1986 Hobie 17
1982 Prindle 16
1980 Prindle 16(mostly)
1976 Prindle 16(mostly)

Check out "Prindle Sailors" on Facebook.
--
Supercat 17, besides being boardless and boomless I also appreciate how the tramp is and the rounded hull tops are nicer on the bottom of the feet. Plus they are still in production so parts are just a phone call away.

--
Cranbrook, BC, Canada
SuperCat 17
--
QuoteSupercat 17,

however, it is a very, very wet boat
I'm in Pensacola. I was looking at the Nacra 5.7 on classifieds and it showed boards. Thanks, John
Is there more than 1 Nacra 5.7 in the classifieds? The one I see is for $2700...
I can assure you that my N5.7 has NO BOARDS, they are skeg hulls. The one I see in the ads, says,"improvements" to the rudder system. The rudders in the photo are not Nacra rudders, it appears a Prindle system was put on, whether that is an "improvement" remains to be seen.

--
Hobie 18 Magnum
Dart 15
Mystere 6.0XL Sold Was a handful solo
Nacra 5.7
Nacra 5.0
Bombardier Invitation (Now officially DEAD)
Various other Dock cluttering WaterCrap
--