Sailing friendly places around Memphis?

I finally got back into smaller sailboats and just bought a Nacra 5.2!

I'm used to big boat sailing around this area so I am not familiar with which lakes have the best facilities for smaller boats, such as the ability to beach the boat close to the ramp or a place where it is possible to sail from the ramp without trying to dodge a lot of docks etc.

I know about DSA down at Hernando point, however I don't think that there is a lot of water in the lake. Other than that I am pretty clueless as to what's around the area!

Thanks!
Paul
Hey Paul, you've come to the right place for Memphis info. icon_biggrin

Come on down to Arkabutla, the local multihull fleet is making a comeback after a few down years.

We do have water! The level varies quite a bit since it's a flood control lake, but it's high now which should mean good levels all summer. Last year was a major draught and the lake didn't hit the ramp untill July, that hurt the dinghies because they want to floating dock, but the beachcats were able to launch any way, we had low water but unusually good winds in July and August last year.

Join Delta Sailing Association and you have mast up storage with ramp and beach together. Very nice situation for a quick sail or spend all day exploring the lake. I like to make a fast dash down to the dam, buzz the swimming areas and they fly back.

I'm heading down to Panama City Beach for the Hobie Midwinters this weekend, otherwize I'd be at the lake. I'll answer your private message with contact info.

--
Damon Linkous
1992 Hobie 18
Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
--