Fair Price: 2002 Nacra F18 in Canada? / Pre-sales Inspection

Hey Folks

I wrote a post about using a beach cat for the Inside Passage - thanks to those of you who sent in your ideas (and suggested that I'm not completely crazy).

I found a candidate Nacra F-18 about 200 miles from our home in Calgary and I'm going to have a look at it tomorrow night. It's going for $9400 which feels high for a 10 year boat that (I think) has been stored outdoors.

http://edmonton.kijiji.ca…a-F18-W0QQAdIdZ391164399

1. What "show-stoppers" should I be looking for? Assuming:

*Any signs of de-lamination, damage from freezing water, etc
* Corrosion in rigging (should have been recently updated)
* Flex in points where the beams mount to hull
* Board, rudder damage
* Conditions of sales

2. The current owner wants $9400 - despite the fact it's in Canada, this feels high to me.

Any suggestions on inspection or pricing?

Thanks in advance!

Dave
also look to see if the mast it bent. and what extras it comes with.

--
Angelo
1983 Hobie 16 Cat fever #55697
2008 laser 4.7/radial #190471
SARASOTA, FLORIDA
S.S.S
S.Y.S.P
--
optikidalso look to see if the mast it bent. and what extras it comes with.

Oh - - that would be a basic didn't think of. Thanks!

Also - ignore the dumb typo on "sails".

Dave
You still want to drag a 400# round bottom boat up the beach every night while doing the passage? I suggest an assemetrical Prindle 18 (V bottom) at 335#'s. But to your question on price. You're in an area where there are few F-18's & a long way North. Figure an extra grand just to get it there. Have you thought about righting (from the inevitable capsize) this 31' mast? Pete
Sails.. sales All cost $$.. H

--
Hal Liske
Livermore CA
H 16 (6+ 1.. Friends) H 3.2 N 5.2 (2) H 17 (2) H-18
Nacra 5.8 (son's) H 20 (Friends)
It's a Sickness

I Need a A Cat Please
--
There are very few Nacras here, in western Canada. Considering this, and the boat in VERY good conditions, the price is reasonable. This is if you really want a Nacra. If you are flexible, three are lots of Hobie 16s, H18, etc, at much more affordable price.

--
Jack B
Hobie 17
BC, Canada
--