Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Trouble on the lake  Bottom

• I own a 77 hobie 16 I 've had it for about ten years, I've had to do alot of work on it over the years but never payed much attention to the hulls unless I was fixing a leak or a hole. THis last weekend I was sailing along almost out of the water I told my buddy I was going to keep pushing it... and about that time I heared what sounded like a crunch. The mainstay on the stareboard side rip about a four foot hole in the top of the hull, the mast was about to fall out of its cup. The wind speed was over 20 knots, I turned down wind and losened everything I could, I was in a small cove on a flooded lake, so there wasen't much shoreline that was landible, in fact there was only one spot possible. Right on to what looked like a rock face about half of a foot out of the water, I hade no choice but to put it the and we hit hard, fortunitly it turned out to be clay.. It was the scarest situation I 've ever been in.. I was Just wondering If any one else has had any experiances like that, and could I have handled it any better?
    I'm also looking for atleast the stareboard hull and repair help on the port side,
    Jason

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.