Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

My H16  Bottom

• Nevermind. Thought I had this picture posting thing figured out. I am using a Galaxy S4 and have links saved from Photobucket into my phones clipboard but still can't seem to upload pics. If anyone has any suggestions or tips, please share.

I give up.

Edited by martyr on Mar 08, 2017 - 07:11 PM.

--
    Marty
    1984 Hobie 16 Redline Yellow Nationals, "Yellow Fever"
    Opelika, Al / Lake Martin
    --
  • Are you trying to display pictures from photbucket here in a forum post? Or are you trying to actually upload the photo to the photo album.

First I would tell you not to wear yourself out trying to get the second one done from a phone, I would be amazed if you pulled that off. The site just isn't mobile friendly enough.

But pasting a link between the BBcodes for displaying an image should work. It's just a matter of having the actual url of the image itself and not the url of the page the image is on. I don't know if PhotoBucket even allows that. I know they supply an embed code but that won't work here at all.

When you are trying to figure out if you have the correct url to show an image in a forum post using the
    [img ] [/img ]

I had to insert a space inside the [] brackets for that to show up, in actual use there is no space.

tags, look at the url and see if it ends in .jpg, .gif, or .png if it ends in anything else it probably won't work.

NOTE:That doesn't apply to urls of images in the photo albums here.

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • Okay thanks, and yes, I am trying to post a pic in the forum and not to the photo album. I don't have any issues uploading pictures into my photo album, just can't seem to post a pic in the forum. I tried to post in the forum from my photo album here also and it didn't work either, I must be doing something wrong. I will try again. Thank you Damon.

Edited by martyr on Mar 08, 2017 - 08:31 PM.

--
    Marty
    --
  • Right click on the image
    select copy image address
    below the reply box you type in click on image box
    img /img in braces should appear
    click in between the ][ and paste the image address

http://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=125474&g2_serialNumber=4

--
    Ron
    Nacra F18
    Reservoir Sailing Assn.
    Brandon, Mississippi
    --
  • Thanks, I tried to link that very image. Lol. My problem is that I am using my phone. I guess I will just have to steal my son's laptop from now on. Lol.

Edited by martyr on Mar 08, 2017 - 09:05 PM.

--
    Marty
    --
  • nacra55Right click on the image

Tough to right click on a phone
  • MN3
    nacra55Right click on the image

Tough to right click on a phone

Like I said above, this site is not at all mobile ready, but there is a fairly simple way to get the url of the image on Android, don't have an iPhone handy to check.

View the image you want (on this site make sure you are viewing the largest version of it and not the thumbnail) and "tap and hold" the image for the context menu to come up. One of the options is "Open image in new tab".

click that and now you have a new web browser page with only the image showing, now select the whole url of that page and that is the url you need.

Simple huh? icon_evil

--
    Damon Linkous
    1992 Hobie 18
    Memphis, TN

How To Create Your Signature

How To Create Your Own Cool Avatar

How To Display Pictures In The Forums.
    --
  • Not as fun on an iphone

you can place a finger on any image... hold, then save the image
    then you have to email the image to yourself, save from mail, upload to a photobucket (or other location) and paste in the image url....

I guess if your iphone saves images to your icloud account, you can access them there, but i don't think you can grab the url and use it in a forum... prob some security reasons they don't allow that

http://www.thebeachcats.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=127120&g2_serialNumber=3

PS DamonLinkous is the "Name" (actually title) of the image... that's why it's on my iphone in the image
    title="Personal information: DamonLinkous"

Edited by MN3 on Mar 09, 2017 - 04:36 PM.
  • This thread title should be changed to "how to post pics from your phone" lol. Sorry, I intended on posting some pics of my boat and it has turned into a totally different subject.

--
    Marty
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.