Welcome anonymous guest

Please Support
TheBeachcats.com

Is an Inter 20 sail an upgrade for a Nacra 6.0?  Bottom

• The original pin head main on the 6.0 is starting to show it's age. I have a line on a nice Nacra I20 sail which
    is a square top. I have a Tornado boom that should work. Wondering if the I20 sail would be an upgrade to the original or if I should be considering having a new square top made for the 6.0?

Thanks,
    Pete

--
    Pete Knapp
    Schodack landing,NY
    Goodall Viper,AHPC Viper,Nacra I20
    --
  • Two completely different masts IIRC. I wouldn't consider it a suitable upgrade.
  • It will work, but what Sam said and also figuring out the proper mast pre-bend... and your performance may not be the best... Also, if you do do this, check you main beam to make sure it sleeved, and you have double diamond wires on the mast... The later being the more important... when they went to the square to top back in the day the signal diamond wire sticks were snapping like twigs.

Crewed in a race last year with a gent that had a 6.0 with a Tornado square top rig on it... the boat was fast but the owner felt as though he was lacking something..

--
    John Schwartz
    Ventura, CA
    --
  • The mast has the double diamonds but I do not believe that it is sleeved. Is this an upgrade that can be
    done afterward? Do you have any pictures or dimensions of the sleeve and how it is installed?

Thanks,
    Pete

--
    Pete Knapp
    Schodack landing,NY
    --
  • Remove the front end cap and look inside to see if is sleeved. It will start about an inch or so from the end and go to a little past where the dolphin striker bar is attached.
    It can be done pretty easy. I have done a few for nacre 5.8s I will be surprised if it is not already there.
  • HULLFLYERRemove the front end cap and look inside to see if is sleeved. It will start about an inch or so from the end and go to a little past where the dolphin striker bar is attached.
    It can be done pretty easy. I have done a few for nacre 5.8s I will be surprised if it is not already there.

What Hullflyr said.... but if you have the double diamond wired mast, this should too was done and you should be good to go.

--
    John Schwartz
    Ventura, CA
    --
  • I was able to take a look last night and the front beam is sleeved.

Thanks to all for the information.

Pete

--
    Pete Knapp
    Schodack landing,NY
    --

No HTML tags allowed (except inside [code][/code] tags)

• Options
  • 0 users

This list is based on users active over the last 60 minutes.